Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Pixel Bender and Photoshop CS6

Mar 24, 2012 3:29 AM

Will Pixel Bender run in Photoshop CS6?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 3, 2012 2:41 PM   in reply to klsteven

There is "something" called Pixel Bender INSIDE..
    But i see no way to import regular PixelBender Filters.. :-(

!

|
    Mark as:
    May 5, 2012 3:47 PM   in reply to klsteven

You're going to love this, but adobe has dropped support for PB in CS6.

http://forums.adobe.com/message/4364603

Apparently there wasn't enough demand for it... hm. Okay...

|
    Mark as:
    May 13, 2012 3:45 AM   in reply to D Cam

This is really really disappointing. Having spent 2 months to build a library of 12 filters that are automatically applied via ExtendScript. Now I will be limited to CS5 forever .

Sorry, but I don't like that descision...

Regards,

Markus

|
    Mark as:
    May 24, 2012 4:06 PM   in reply to mselbach2

Having to run two separate versions of Photoshop to be able to access tools that I need and want?  Priceless.

Man, the more I read about this, and Adobe's excuse for dropping it, the more I hate them as a company.
    Nobody freaking ASKED ANY OF US if we wanted support for PB to continue.  To say there wasn't interest in it is a flat out lie.

Never mind - I can still use the PB filters in CS 5.5 - but this definitely is a black mark against Adobe.

|
    Mark as:
    May 24, 2012 6:12 PM   in reply to battlepriest

battlepriest wrote:

Having to run two separate versions of Photoshop to be able to access tools that I need and want?  Priceless.

It's not priceless.. it's precicely twice as much $$ !

battlepriest wrote

Man, the more I read about this, and Adobe's excuse for dropping it, the more I hate them as a company.
    Nobody freaking ASKED ANY OF US if we wanted support for PB to continue.  To say there wasn't interest in it is a flat out lie.

The I read their response here the more I despise them too for providing blanket responses to genuine customer questions and skirting the issue. Oh, and lying. Or at least, not being told the truth from Management as the real reason, even thoguh they probably know but aren't allowed top publicly say...

Adobe, in regards to the pixel bender issue, you have failed your customers. Period. Thanks for noticing (sarcasm).

|
    Mark as:
    May 24, 2012 6:42 PM   in reply to D Cam

I really hope these complaints are getting through to the people at Adobe that have the power to do something about the problem they've created for an awful lot of people.  They've got to realise it's not in their best interests to alienate their long time customers by dropping Pixel Bender.  I don't know a single person that hasn't loved the PB filters/scripts/plug-ins after trying them.  And there are no other third party or stand alone programs out there that can do what PB does.

If anyone out there knows of a petition going around to get Adobe to change their mind about this, please let me know because I want to sign it.  I can't boycott Adobe because I couldn't live without Photoshop, but I sure want them to know unhappy people are about their decision to drop PB compatibility.

|
    Mark as:
    May 27, 2012 11:07 AM   in reply to Repp7

Have any of you posted a request over at

http://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family

yet?

|
    Mark as:
    May 28, 2012 4:57 AM   in reply to c.pfaffenbichler

Randall Epp has started a thread, so if you haven’t already the rest of you might want to add your support over at:

http://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/please_please_pl ease_make_cs6_compatible_with_bixel_bender_please

Far as I understand the feedback over there is being monitored by Adobe personnel – not that this means proposals or requests posted there will necessarily be implemented depending on a certain number of »likes«, but it may help keep this on the involved Adobe employees’ radar.

|
    Mark as:
    May 2, 2013 12:47 PM   in reply to mselbach2

For those who enjoy the Pixel Bender type effects, there is an affordable solution that provides all of the Pixel Bender flexibility and much more.

It is NOT a Photoshop Plugin but is very fun used as a Copy/Paste function.

The program is FREE in its basic form but well worth the money in its Pro Form.

Try it.

http://www.belightsoft.com/products/imagetricks/overview.php

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points