Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

.MTS Audio Files help needed

Mar 25, 2012 6:54 AM

Tags: #help #audio #.mts #formats #conforming #converting

I'm having a little trouble with editing.

The footage I am editing are .MTS files. Both the audio and video.

The video is playing fine (well, as best it can for my rubbish uni computers) but I am having trouble hearing the audio - and I'm getting lots of conforming errors.

I read here that CS4 doesn't support .MTS audio files. If that's the case then why can I hear some of them and not the others?

Should I be converting the audio into another format before editing? If so, then what's the best format to convert to, and how can I do it in a way that I don't have to strip the audio from the video (I want to keep them perfectly synced)

Thanks in advance for your help,

Nath

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 25, 2012 8:11 AM   in reply to Nathanjrb

When you create a new project and import your MTS file, do you have a red line over the timeline?

If you do, that means your project is not correct for your file

When you import a file, do you let the conforming status bar COMPLETELY finish before you try to do anything?

If you interrupt conforming, you cause problems

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 26, 2012 12:17 PM   in reply to Nathanjrb

It sounds like you have a hardware issue. Either the HDD, its controller or connection is going bad, or perhaps you have filled the HDD to capacity. How much free-space do you have remaining?

For a little background on Conforming, and Indexing for MPEG files, see this ARTICLE.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 27, 2012 5:59 AM   in reply to Nathanjrb

CS4 should edit mts files just fine, no need to convert.

Follow some basic rules.

Files to be edited on a internal drive.

Minimal of two fysical internal drives, one for OS and programs rest on the other one.

Let every conform before editing.

Make sure the computer is powerfull enough to edit AVCHD.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 30, 2012 10:09 AM   in reply to Nathanjrb

I have also trouble with .mts files. The videopart is fine, but the audiopart is noicy. Extremely. When I check this original file in VLC player there is no problem. Windows media player won't play the sound, but the picture is fine. And also when I check the files on the camera there is no problem with the sound.

I don't have any error messages in premiere. I work on a up-to-date windows 7 machine, and I didn't have these issues a while a go. I think it's an update that did this.

Hopefully adobe can fix this soon? We have 4 computers running cs4. We also have 2 computers running cs5.5, and without these issues.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points