Skip navigation
scottdwight
Currently Being Moderated

sense code 52400 in encore

Mar 25, 2012 10:34 AM

This couldnt be more fraustrating!! I have a multiformat memorex MRX 800LU v1 writer which is bluray capable, when connected and trying to write a disc using encore cs5 on a mac, i get the sense code error 52400, what does this mean and how do i get it to work? i have lost a few disc on the way so i hope someone can help me because i am in real need  for this to work.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 25, 2012 11:12 AM   in reply to scottdwight

Sense codes are almost always hardware. Is your burner up to date?

Take the burner out of the equation and build to image or folder.

Then try to burn with a mac burner option (e.g. toast).

This does not mean it won't work, but it helps narrow it down.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 27, 2012 10:26 AM   in reply to scottdwight

Welcome to the forum.

Along with Stanley's suggestions, check for a firmware update for the burner. Now, Memorex has a habit of re-branding the "guts," so you might need to search around a bit, in case Memorex did not mfgr. the physical, mechanical multi-drive/burner.

Good luck,

Hunt

PS - Be sure to follow ALL instructions, if you do find a firmware update. That is very, very important.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 30, 2013 2:37 PM   in reply to scottdwight

I use CS5 on an Intel Workstation running Windows 7 64-bit.  I had a multi-format Lenovo; replaced it with a multi LG that also burns everything under the sun including Blu-ray and MODISK. 

My system was configured by the LG installation to check for firmware updates at ever start-up. To date, I've seen one; so, I know it's good to go.  Also, I've used it to burn both Blu-ray disks AND DVD single/dual layer disks AND CDs; and, still I've seen this error message appear.  I suspect there's something a bit hinky about the software (ENCORE) As such, I have determined workarounds for the hinkyness - one of which is 'sense code 52400'.  The simple solution is to close Encore and reopen it; but, there's more stuff that you may see.

Based on my observations, Encore can NOT deal with more than one project burn operation per session -- meaning, it becomes prone to errors if you try opening one project after another; so, you must completely exit out of the application and re-open it.

For me, I've also seen the pesky message "Access is denied"; so, what is that all about?  That is ENCORE saying, Dude!  Yer OS security is strangling me!  Launch me AS ADMINISTRATOR.  (CTRL+CLICK | Select RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR from the submenu; or modify the Encore shortcut to always run as Administrator - (right click | Properties | Compatibility tab...privilege level section  | then click the checkbox run this program as an administrator.)

Occasionally, I'll get another message...words to the effect of 'Disk is not ready'; or, something to do with '...hardware issue...'.

Regarding the message DISK IS NOT READY...hardware issue, um...chances are...and I'm talking to them folks with known-operable burners...it ain't hardware! It's Encore not wanting to play nice when you haven't learned the 'rain-dance'.  For anyone who's curious, I've completely removed and reinstalled CS5 AND the Operating system AND the burner, only to experience the same errors.  I've also completely reconfigured the entire system (new hard drives...clean install of EVERYTHING...RAID5...backplane...the whole bit) and still the messages occur.  (it ain't hardware, man...really..it's not).

Another tip: Don't even think about opening another Encore project and expecting it to burn without error - she'll break your heart every time - almost.  It might work on the second one; but, a third project? Ahhh...I don't know.  But, hey, if it works for you, yer golden; but, I'm not...just sayin'; so...what to do? 

I suggest closing out of Encore before moving on to your next project -- part of the Encore chicken dance.  If that doesn't work, then this usually does.

On the BUILD tab, under the section DESTINATION, click the button REFRESH, and try again. 

Hope this helps. 

Peace

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 1, 2013 8:41 AM   in reply to VideoGearHead

Thanks for reporting your observations and work arounds.

Based on my observations, Encore can NOT deal with more than one project burn operation per session -- meaning, it becomes prone to errors if you try opening one project after another; so, you must completely exit out of the application and re-open it.

Another tip: Don't even think about opening another Encore project and expecting it to burn without error - she'll break your heart every time - almost.  It might work on the second one; but, a third project? Ahhh...I don't know.  But, hey, if it works for you, yer golden; but, I'm not...just sayin'; so...what to do? 

I suggest closing out of Encore before moving on to your next project -- part of the Encore chicken dance.  If that doesn't work, then this usually does.

On the BUILD tab, under the section DESTINATION, click the button REFRESH, and try again.

So many of us never use Encore for burn operations, that we can have no confidence that there are users for whom Encore's burn operations are reliable. Are there any of you out there?

Interesting observations. Worth filing a bug report.

Bug report (and feature request) form

(it ain't hardware, man...really..it's not).

The problems with many programs (and certainly Encore) and burners was always the program taking control of the operating system interface with the drive. But it not being "the hardware" per se, does not mean that it is not the hardware and operating system/other applications.

Now, let's see if Scott (well Scott's spam control) writes us to ask again if we are real live human beings.... I'm pretty sure I am....

|
    Mark as:
    May 29, 2013 6:52 PM   in reply to scottdwight

Old Topic but... I always burn Blu-ray to Blu-ray Image in Encore, then burn that image to Blu-ray Disc. Although I'd rather burn straight to Blu-ray disc, I feel the discs are still too expensive to burn "coasters" and troubleshoot problems.

I have an eXternal/USB3 Memorex MRX-800LU v2 (firmware PME2) connected to my 2008 Mac Pro via USB2.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points