• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Installer GUI not appearing, can't update Flash.

New Here ,
Mar 25, 2012 Mar 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

According to the addon manager via Firefox, my installation of "Shockwave Flash" needs to be updated. So, I direct myself to the website here, and download the latest version I need. I run the installer, allow it, and.. nothing happens. The process sits in the background for a few minutes, and then ends itself. The GUI with the QUIT/INSTALL button does not appear (as it used to do normally when I updated Flash), nothing happens at all.

I have tried numerous times, and nothing seems to make it work. Has anyone else encountered this problem, and/or know what I can do to fix it? I'd rather not be cruising around with an outdated version.

Just for reference, my specs are:

Browser: Firefox

Flash version installed: 11.1.102.62

Thanks in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 26, 2012 Mar 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Note: Flash itself is actually working just fine, I am just curious why I cannot seem to update Flash, and would like to do so since my ActiveX version is quite old, apparently (according to the Flash CPL/Advanced tab).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 26, 2012 Mar 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Actually, I just fixed the issue by reading another thread and downloading the full installer from the following link:

http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/installation-problems-flash-player-windows.html#Install_in_a_...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines