Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Anyone help for the buttons

Mar 26, 2012 10:49 AM

Tags: #problem #edge #animation #adobe_edge

Hi there,

First of all thank you for taking time to read my post.

I'll try my best to describe the problem I have. I want to do mutiple pages animation and let the buttons appear after the first a few sconds animation. So I put the button on the timeline and let them fade-in so it won't appear at the begaining of the animation. But the problem is even the button is invisible but you can still click the area and jump into the timeline. Is there anyway to let the button unclickble before it appears? Also, I have next and pre buttons and the all have same click problems as their location are same an cause the overlapping click problems.

I've attached the markup to show the problems. The first image is what I want to do, and the second image show's the problems.

Thank you everyone!

Screen Shot 2012-03-26 at 10.46.12 AM.pngScreen Shot 2012-03-26 at 10.46.20 AM.png

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 26, 2012 11:00 AM   in reply to Van-Richmond

Hey Van-Richmond,

You can turn your elements "Off" and "On" by using element display found in the properties panel.

Screen Shot 2012-03-26 at 1.57.18 PM.jpg

When you set it to on, your element will be available for click events and display. Switch it to off and it won't receive any mouse events.

Hope that helps!

Sarah

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 26, 2012 11:12 AM   in reply to Van-Richmond

Hey Ben,

You can set a keyframe to off at the beginning of the timeline, then set a keyframe to on further down the timeline when you want them to appear.

Sarah

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points