Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

CS6 beta along side CS5

Mar 26, 2012 12:06 PM

Will there be any conflict to installing CS6 in Win 7 64 without uninstalling CS5? I've been trying it out on Win 8 but hit a snag (no drivers for certain HW) and I really don't wish to uninstall CS5.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 26, 2012 12:09 PM   in reply to Hudechrome

You are able to run Photoshop CS6 on the same drive as CS5. However, keep in mind that Windows 8 is not officially supported, so you may run into conflicts.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 26, 2012 12:21 PM   in reply to Howard Pinsky

You should be able to install both CS5 and CS6 on Win7. Please see the associations FAQ for details you may want to know first:

FAQ: What do I need to know about file associations when I load the Photoshop CS6 beta?

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 26, 2012 1:13 PM   in reply to Hudechrome

I have the following phemnomena in Win 7 [up to date service pack]. When I am running PS6 and want to run PS5 at the same time to compare new versus old features - Windows does NOT allow PS5 to run - it just switches me to PS6. However, if I exit from PS6 and then start PS5 then PS5  boots up properly. This happens regardless if if I try to boot up CS5 32bit or CS5 64bit. Strange - anybody else seen this behavior

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 26, 2012 1:25 PM   in reply to jbsurv

This is standard in Windows. You will not be able to run two instances of CS.

Try to run two instances of REGEDIT. Won't work.

Ciao, Walter

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 26, 2012 7:01 PM   in reply to Blinded By The Light

I run two or more instances of Calculator, Open Office, and all my 5 different test browsers in Windows Xp and Win 7 - this should not be an issue unless the program's developers make it ein Verboten Dingen. It just means getting comparisons means running two different machines together - a relatively small price to pay.

JBS

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 27, 2012 12:37 AM   in reply to jbsurv

You want to talk to Microsoft, the programmers of Regedit and Media Player. Ask them to learn programming.

I'm running a virtual machine for CS6 beta.

Ciao, Walter

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points