Skip navigation
Effieleee
Currently Being Moderated

Get wrong bookmark levels when converting Word to PDF using Acrobat 7.0

Mar 29, 2012 1:19 AM

Tags: #acrobat #create_pdf

I am using MS Word 2003, Windows XP and Adobe Acrobat 7.0.

When converting a DOC to PDF, all features are perfect except the bookmarks are located at the wrong level, i.e., the first chapter "Introduction" is the first level, which is desired; but the second chapter and the later will be placed as the subitems of the first one. This is a severe problem for me for I need a very accurate convertion.

P.S.  I set the convertion level of bookmarks correctly before the convertion.

So I wonder if there is any solution relating to the settings of Word or Acrobat.

I am using Acrobat 7 because the later versions(8.0 etc.) has the running header problem. If 7.0 is also problematic. I don't know which version can do a perfect conversion.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 30, 2012 6:29 AM   in reply to Effieleee

Are you converting both Word Headings and Styles to Bookmarks? Have you checked to make sure that you Chapter Heading in Word is tagged?

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 30, 2012 7:05 AM   in reply to LoriAUC

I agree with Lori that it sounds like you are not using the bookmarks in WORD correctly as I interpret her post. I also noted that you show 7.0. These initial versions often have bugs and you should update to the latest version of 7, currently 7.1.4. I would suggest the same update for AA8 that is at 8.3.1.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 31, 2012 7:21 AM   in reply to Effieleee

You might try the updates of your products. AA7.0 is way behind in the updates that is at something like AA7.1.4. There were around 12 or more updates and they may resolve the problem.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points