Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Error: adobe acrobat elements has encountered a problem and needs to close

Mar 29, 2012 4:53 AM

Tags: #error #convert #adobe_acrobat_elements #adobe_acrobat_x_pro #version_10

When I right-click to Convert to PDF or Convert to PDF and EMail for .xls, .xlsx, .doc, .docx, .pptx, .ppt, .pub, and .igx items (what I've tried so far), I get the following error: "Adobe acrobat elements has encountered a problem and needs to close".  It works fine on .bmp .tif, .txt, .htm, and .jpg (what I've tried so far).  I am not having problems printing to Adobe to convert, nor am I having problems creating a PDF within a program, and I'm not having problems converting from IE.  I am using Windows XP Professional, Microsoft 2007, and IE 7.  My Adobe product is Adobe Acrobat X Pro Version 10.1.2.  What can I do to resolve this problem?  Thanks.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 29, 2012 6:08 AM   in reply to pspady1210

Do you have another (older) version of Acrobat installed on your computer? Perhaps Acrobat Elements? If so, I would recommend uninstalling this and then running a Repair (from under the Help menu) on Acrobat X.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 29, 2012 7:13 AM   in reply to pspady1210

This exe is part of the Acrobat X install. Have you tried doing a Repair of your install?

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 29, 2012 11:07 AM   in reply to pspady1210

Something appears to be wrong with the right-click access -- it should call the elements exe to combine and/or convert your files. Have you tried uninstalling/reinstalling from the Control panel?

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 13, 2012 6:11 AM   in reply to pspady1210

What is the version of file "Acrobat Elements.exe"???

Try applying the latest update, version 10.1.3 and see if the problem gets resolved. For this, do Help->Check for Updates... from inside Acrobat.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 4, 2012 4:18 PM   in reply to pspady1210

I'm having the same issue as this, I did an upgrade from acrobat 7 to acrobat 10. Any more information on this would be great

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 4, 2012 7:01 PM   in reply to ITCS_UNE

The last possibility is to run the Acrobat Cleaner tool:http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/acrobatcleaner.html

Then re-install.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points