Skip navigation
Patrick Faith
Currently Being Moderated

Where Can we Download the "old" speedgrade ... so we can give better feedback for integration?

Mar 29, 2012 3:05 PM

Tags: #download #speedgrade

Where can we download the "old" speedgrade, so we can give better feedback for integration with aftereffects and premiere.   I haven't used speedgrade, but I'm assuming it's like Davinci Resolve ... color grading is something you have to play around with a bit, to give decent feedback on integration.  On one extreme, I like the ease of aftereffect composites.  On the other hand, using graph operators (such as in Resolve and things like blender) ... is real nice ... but it's really not how i do work on the adobe side.   I'm looking for a color grading approach that isn't for tier 1 film, but more for tier 2, independant and/or corporate work.   I'd also love the ability to mix special effect compositing (like I currently do with AE), with coloring (which I currently have to do in in another program).   I also have two work streams I would like to test, one RED and another 1080p for normal corporate stuff (which i currently don't color grade btw).

Anyway, I see some wierd links on downloading the old speedgrade, I don't see any download links on the speedgrade web page ... would be nice to see what the old speed grade does so I can comment competently.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 7, 2012 2:46 AM   in reply to Patrick Faith

Hello, the old SpeedGrade needs a license key for run and I think that at this time Adobe won't give a software license for old SpeedGrade, anyway, Adobe SpeedGrade CS6 is at the door, official preview will be held at NAB, I'm currently testing a preview version of SG CS6 and I want to say that it works very well, so stay tuned on the Adobe website.

Max

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 12, 2012 1:45 PM   in reply to Max Pallavisini

Adobe SpeedGrade CS6 is at the door, official preview will be held at NAB, I'm currently testing a preview version of SG CS6 and I want to say that it works very well, so stay tuned on the Adobe website.

I tried to "stay tuned",  here on this Adobe Website ...and your post is the first confirmation that Adobe Speedgrade still has any sign of a beating heart.

Totally dissapointed in Adobe for lack of SG communication to keep my interest up.

Regardless of that, I am looking forward to seeing it.

EDIT:

Speedgrade In CS6...brilliant to see it is now "a reality" ...and so excited and looking forward to checking it out.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points