Skip navigation
TeamApps01
Currently Being Moderated

Issue with "Pan only" effect

Mar 30, 2012 8:41 AM

Tags: #pan #scroll_panel

Hi,

I have a scrolling content using the pan-only feature. The MSO at the end of the series of scrollable MSOs became smaller. I had this working fine the first time but now,I have been getting the same frustrating issue even after I recreated the whole process and re-loaded a new article. I am in a tight deadline and I have to work on 200 more content with a features like this.How can I resolve this issue? What causes this behavior? And how can I prevent this from happening again?

regards,

Mikke

Pan_box.jpg

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 2, 2012 5:23 AM   in reply to TeamApps01

I've had this problem. What you'll have to do is take every element apart and re-do it unfortunately.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 10, 2012 5:20 AM   in reply to TeamApps01

What version of the tools are you using? Have you tried it with the scrollable frame feature in the version 19 tools?

Bob

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 10, 2012 5:20 AM   in reply to Bob Levine

Oh...and where are you seeing this? On the iPad? Desktop preview?

Bob

|
    Mark as:
  • Bob Bringhurst
    4,649 posts
    May 29, 2007
    Apr 26, 2012 7:37 AM   in reply to TeamApps01

The only time I see shrunken content in an MSO or scrollable frame is when the overlay is created on the pasteboard and then moved. Did you create the shrunken object on the pasteboard?

|
    Mark as:
  • Branislav Milic
    177 posts
    Jan 12, 2010
    Apr 27, 2012 2:22 PM   in reply to TeamApps01

Bob, this may require a little bit more explanation.

What if the object has been originally created on the page, then moved on the pasteboard, edited, and then pasted back in the MSO on the page ?

|
    Mark as:
  • Bob Bringhurst
    4,649 posts
    May 29, 2007
    Apr 27, 2012 2:49 PM   in reply to Branislav Milic

I haven't tested this issue much, so I can't provide as detailed an answer as you'd like. My understand is that the shrinking problem occurs if you cut or copy and object on the pasteboard and then paste it onto the layout. I don't think it's a problem if you move objects on and off the pasteboard.I know this bug was reported and I believe it's fixed for v20.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 28, 2012 1:16 AM   in reply to Bob Bringhurst

@BobB – I wonder if it might help expanding the bleed area or better: the slug area. If that's the case one could define a large slug area to be on the safe side and working from there. Of course there are limitations in width and height of that area, but one could overcome that limit by scripting (that's my knowledge out of experience with CS4, for CS5.5 I still have to test that).

The slug area definition (in the UI) for left is not limited by a small amount (limit for the other sides are 152.4 mm or 432px), so we could easily define a slug area for left to e.g. 4000px.

Uwe

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 28, 2012 4:52 AM   in reply to Laubender

I've gotten into the habit of creating a new page and working there instead of on a pasteboard.

Bob

|
    Mark as:
    May 1, 2012 2:39 AM   in reply to Bob Bringhurst

Hi Bob,

I'm getting the shrinking MSO effect on my scrolling content. Could you clarify best working practice with current v19?

I have a long 'document' within a scrolling frame, previously I have made a large pasteboard and done my MSO creation & placement there, then done the linking to external MSO's once the content has been cut and pasted into the scrolling frame. When I added further MSO slideshows (three in total) 2 of them shrunk that were outside the frame boarder.

Is the right way to create my MSO in another (dummy) document and then copy from that document and paste into the scrolling frame on my (working) document, the scrolling content is way bigger than the frame so can't see how to do this in the same document.

Thanks for any help here.

Hugo

|
    Mark as:
    May 1, 2012 5:30 AM   in reply to HugoKing321

Don’t create the content on the pasteboard. Add a new page, work there and then copy/paste to where you need it.

Bob

|
    Mark as:
    May 1, 2012 8:07 AM   in reply to Bob Levine

Thanks for your response Bob,

I'm still finding the MSO shrinking tho, even if I create a new doc and work only within the page space and not the pasteboard.

My scrollable frame is 960 x 772 but my content area is 6470 x 772 with 3 MSO's spaced throughout, creating a new page doesn't help as it's impossible to edit without some of the content being on the pasteboard.

What's strange is that the shrinking only happens when I position the MSO's within the scrollable frame but outside the frame edge (i.e. off the page). If I position the content and use the 'Use Document Position' with the MSO within the frame edge (on the page) it works fine.

I hope that makes sense, if you have any thoughts I'm listening, I can't seem to figure this out even though folk seem to have achieved this using the methods explained.

Hugo

|
    Mark as:
    May 1, 2012 8:20 AM   in reply to HugoKing321

Is this on iPad3 or iPad1/2.

Bob

|
    Mark as:
    May 1, 2012 8:40 AM   in reply to Bob Levine

Haven't got as far as testing on iPads yet, still building and experimenting.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points