Skip navigation
markkohn1
Currently Being Moderated

photomerge reposition problem

Mar 30, 2012 9:16 AM

I have been waiting for nearly two years for a fix in the that photomerge reposition problem,

in version CS4 in the raposition mode it was possible to set the position of the photographs,

in version CS5 it stopped working  and so you can imagine how disappointed I was when I opened the beta version of CS6

I can not use CS 4 because it interferes with the capture one color profile   and it should not be necessary,

mark Kohn Amsterdam

Replies
  • Noel Carboni
    23,488 posts
    Dec 23, 2006
    Mar 30, 2012 9:41 AM   in reply to markkohn1

You aren't really giving quite enough information...

You need a manual repositioning facility?  If so, is it because Photomerge is not properly recognizing where the images are similar and positioning them properly?  Can you show an example (screen grabs would be great).

Also, I doubt that Photoshop CS4 "interferes" with any color profile, assuming you have your color management configuration set up properly.

Would you like to discuss these things further in pursuit of a workaround or fix?  Assuming your task is doable, I'll bet we can find some solutions here with the tools you already have.

-Noel

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 1, 2012 1:51 AM   in reply to markkohn1

It sounds like your talking about the Interactive Dialog for photomerge, which is available for cs5 in the optional plugins.

Perhaps adobe will release that for cs6 when the production version is out.

Untitled-1.png

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 1, 2012 2:35 AM   in reply to markkohn1

|
    Mark as:
  • Trevor Dennis
    5,904 posts
    May 24, 2010
    Apr 1, 2012 4:03 AM   in reply to R_Kelly

Interactive worries me a wee bit.  I mentioned that Photomerge was not working for me from Bridge, but I found a workaround by 'Loading into Photoshop layers' from Bridge, then Auto Align layers, followed by Auto Blend layers.   The thing is, that going this way you get to see how Photoshop has aligned your layer stack _before_ the blend process, and it looks to be miles out.  Honest indian.  Give it a try to see what I mean.  The problem for us humans is that we can't see under the overlapping layers until we start painting on the layer mask, but Photoshop knows without looking.  So when you apply Auto Blend layers to your apparently misaligned stack, hey presto, a perfect match.

So my point is that if this the way of things, because Photoshop has transformed the individual layers, how are we meant to align them manually if we can only see the edges of the layer overlaps, and the best match is hidden?

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points