Skip navigation
zham61
Currently Being Moderated

Can you render all the sequences in a given project automatically?

Mar 30, 2012 6:37 PM

I'm not a Preimere CS5.5 expert, but I'm working on a big project and I want to render overnight. I can't seem to find a way to have Premiere render one sequence after another automatcially, is there such an option?

I'm rendering all the sequences to send them to Encore to create a DVD set.

If there is any other info you need to answer my question, let me know! Thanks!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 30, 2012 7:59 PM   in reply to zham61

Absolutely! One of the nice features in the package (along with Encore) is the Media Encoder.

When you open your render panel (and finish fine tuning the settings) there are 2 options: Export and Queue. If you select Export, it ties up Premiere Pro and you have to wait for it to finish, but if you select Queue the Media Encoder will launch into action and create a list of things you want to render out. There's the ' |> ' (play/go button) in the upper right hand corner that you can click and it will start rendering everything you sent to the queue (in sequential order).

You don't even have to wait until any of the jobs are finished before adding more, so if you have 20 sequences, you can send them all to the queue one after the other and it will get the job done. It's one of my favorite features in the suite.

Good luck!

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 30, 2012 9:39 PM   in reply to zham61

The short answer is no, Premiere Pro can only render one sequence at a time.

However, it sounds like you don't actually want a render here, you want to export each sequence.  (Two different things.)  That can be achieved using Adobe Media Encoder.  File>Export>Media... will call up the export settings dialog.  Set those according to your needs and hit Queue.  Repeat for each sequence.  Start the queue before you go to bed, and all will be ready for import into Encore when you wake up.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 31, 2012 10:20 AM   in reply to Jim Simon

Even easier batch Export method: Open AME and Pr.  Position your windows so that you can drag your Pr sequences into AME.  Once in AME, select all your Sequences, and you can assign them all the same settings in one swoop.  Then hit the go button, and go to bed.

|
    Mark as:
  • joe bloe premiere
    4,391 posts
    Dec 6, 2009
    Mar 31, 2012 10:43 AM   in reply to Jim Curtis

..drag your Pr sequences into AME.

Maybe this function is mac only?

It doesn't work here on win7.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 31, 2012 10:56 AM   in reply to joe bloe premiere

joe bloe premiere wrote:

..drag your Pr sequences into AME.

Maybe this function is mac only?

It doesn't work here on win7.

Losing ability to bite lip.

That's too bad.  I didn't know it doesn't work with Windows.  Drag & Drop is implemented all over the Mac OS.  I can drop footage or stills onto my Pr Dock icon to import them into Pr also. 

Maybe there's a way around it.  Can you open AME, choose File>Add Premiere Sequence, and then select mulitple sequences for importing from the list?  I can, but it's not nearly as fast or easy as dragging them.

|
    Mark as:
  • joe bloe premiere
    4,391 posts
    Dec 6, 2009
    Mar 31, 2012 11:04 AM   in reply to Jim Curtis

Can you open AME, choose File>Add Premiere Sequence, and then select mulitple sequences for importing from the list?

Nope.  Maybe it's a CS5.5 function?

I'm running 5.0.3.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 31, 2012 11:15 AM   in reply to joe bloe premiere

I suppose that's possible.  I don't think I used Pr until 5.5.  Or, if I was using 5.0.3, it was only for a few weeks.  I was among the crowd nudged into Pr from the FCPX debacle.

Try this:  Open your Import dialog box and navigate to a folder with lots of footage or still items.  If you can't select all or several of them at once, my guess is that the multiple selection functionality is built in to the OS.

|
    Mark as:
  • joe bloe premiere
    4,391 posts
    Dec 6, 2009
    Mar 31, 2012 11:22 AM   in reply to Jim Curtis

Open your Import dialog box and navigate to a folder with lots of footage or still items.

Importing multiple media files at once through the import dialog

or by dragging and dropping has never been any problem.

Dragging multiple sequences to Media Encoder is a no go in 5.0.3 win7.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 31, 2012 11:27 AM   in reply to joe bloe premiere

Well, maybe Adobe will put that into Pr CS6 Win.  Probably too late to add it now if they haven't already, as 6 is rumored to be introduced at NAB.  If not, maybe time for a feature request.

I guess that's the price you pay for having more stock transitions than we poor Mac folk.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 3, 2012 5:33 PM   in reply to Jim Curtis

Mac has no drag/drop advantage over the PC, neither in the base OS nor in the particular app in question here.

The difference is in the DOT. CS5 didn't include drag/drop capabilities for sequences. It was a new feature for CS5.5. Works fine on either platform.

There ARE some notable differences between the usability of PPro between OSX and Win7, here are the big known ones:

Win7:

- PPro includes some effects and transitions that aren't in the OSX version (not really anything vital for most producers)

- More options for GPU, Apple supports only a few Mercury-capable GPU (and none are available as an option when purchasing your Mac anyway)

OSX:

- If you have FCP installed, PPro can make use of ProRes (useful for folks migrating to PPro with old projects/footage)

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 4, 2012 5:29 AM   in reply to Jim Curtis

Didn't know about the drag and drop of sequences from PPro to AME. It still results in a rather long busy signal, but it does work. Neato.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points