Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

The Automated Action Player Guided Edit

Mar 31, 2012 10:38 AM

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 31, 2012 10:38 AM   in reply to Community Help

After clicking enUS there is no "workflow panels" option where I can save the ps action . . ..

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 31, 2012 11:08 AM   in reply to benjaminhorne@yahoo.com

Do you have the  mac app store version? Which version of PSE do you have and what operating system? Are you sure you're looking in the right folder (there are a couple that have locale> en_US

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 31, 2012 11:40 AM   in reply to Barbara B.

I am using Windows 7 on a PC.  I just downloaded PSE 10 last night, so its the latest version.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 31, 2012 2:12 PM   in reply to benjaminhorne@yahoo.com

Change your options in Windows Explorer to "Show Hidden Files and Folders".

The directory is:

"C:\ProgramData\Adobe\Photoshop Elements\10.0\Locale\en_us\Workflow Panels\actions"

Ken

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 31, 2012 5:47 PM   in reply to photodrawken

Okay thanks, that took care of the problem.  I still had to google "how do i change my options in windows explorer" but I got an answer and made the change and suddenly all of those folders I hadn't been seeing were appearing.  Thanks for your help photodrawken.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 19, 2012 9:34 AM   in reply to Community Help

when I'm using some of my actions, a window will pop up saying "Make is unavailable" or "background layer 3 unavailalbe?" then it won't le me use the action. Can someone explain how I can get that fixed so I can go on using the actions I purchased?*

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 19, 2012 9:51 AM   in reply to danbeckymarch28th

"Make is not available" is usually a sign that the action includes steps that are available in PS but not in PSE. You may also find it if you have an action that needs to be installed in effects rather than the action player, for example one that requires you to manually switch layers to tell the action what to work on next. Where did you get these actions? Are they for PSE and did the creator say they would work in the player rather than needing to be installed in the effects panel?

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 21, 2012 11:55 AM   in reply to Community Help

I have both Photoshop elements 9 & 10; I go to every library I can find and their is no Workflow pane folder at all. nor is there a folder that says "Actions"  I am working on a Mac

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 23, 2012 2:21 PM   in reply to Community Help

So does PS Elements 10 have NO mechanism to create Actions? If it can do History, it certainly ought to be able to do Actions. I'm a fixed-income retiree. I was doing fine in Snow Leopard, but my Late Fall '09 27" iMac died. After 3 (three) new logic boards, power supplies, and video modules, they finally decided it would be cheaper to give me a current (Mid-Fall '11) 27" replacement. Unfortunately, it came with Lion, which blew my Adobe CS 2 (including Photoshop, Illustrator, GoLive -- no loss there -- and all the other components) into the garbage bin of history.

I cannot afford to buy Photoshop, but my work is with digital photographic images, in RAW format, so I'm clunking along with PSE 10 and Aperture. If I could go back to Snow Leopard and get my old Photoshop back, I'd do it in a New York Minute -- I loathe Lion (which has crippled several other apps), and Mountain Lion is even worse. So is what I'm reading here that PSE 10 has no way to create new Actions? That's beneath stupid, if true.

Please, somebody tell me this ain't so...

Bart Brown

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 23, 2012 6:35 PM   in reply to bartbrn

Elements has never had the ability to write actions and I doubt it ever will. Adobe is pretty determined to keep that as one of the lines between PS and PSE. Sorry.

In any case, since you probably aren't aware of it, you can't run an action on more than one file at a time in PSE. No batching on a folder.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 23, 2012 6:48 PM   in reply to Barbara B.

Not as sorry as I am that I bought a crippled Adobe product. I won't make THAT mistake again.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points