Skip navigation
Paint_it_Grey
Currently Being Moderated

Accidentally put illustrator in "line/outline" mode, how do I get out of it?

Apr 1, 2012 4:27 AM

Tags: #cs4 #illustrator #problem #cs5 #error #adobe #stroke

Hello, i have (via accidental keypress) put illustrator in a mode where I can only see the outlines of shapes and images, as shown in this picture: line mode.JPG

How do I get out of this mode? Cheers

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 1, 2012 4:35 AM   in reply to Paint_it_Grey

Paint,

Ctrl/Cmd+Y

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 1, 2012 4:52 AM   in reply to Paint_it_Grey

Just to follow up, Paint, you can see many of the other keystroke traps in the View dropdown menu.

They are a bit tricky because they show what you get when you tick/hit the keystrokes, not what you have.

Actually, Ctrl/Cmd+G, grouping, may be the most likely accidental instance because it is completely surrounded by other Ctrl/Cmd keystrokes, and it may go unnoticed.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 1, 2012 6:35 AM   in reply to Jacob Bugge

Actually, Ctrl/Cmd+G, grouping, may be the most likely accidental instance because it is completely surrounded by other Ctrl/Cmd keystrokes, and it may go unnoticed.

Which is a good reason for making your own keystrokes.

For example "everybody knows" that Ctrl/Cmd+U means Ungroup which is why I have demoted smart guides to Cmd+Shift+G on my machine.

In my opinion it is better to keep simple 2-button commands for the things you do most often. Things that are less often used may be allocated 3-button comands.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points