Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Help... Print Settings Won't Open

Apr 1, 2012 9:02 AM

In order to get to the ABW printing mode, I need to have "Printer Manages Colors" selected for "Color Handeling".  Then when I click on "Print Settings" I get the normal "Print" box that comes up where I have access to normal "Print Settings" options, one of which is "ABW" under "Print Mode".  And this has been working fine.  Then all of a sudden today, when I enable "Printer Manages Colors" and I click "Print Settings" nothing happens.  No new dialog box opens to the "Print" options as it usual does.  Nothing pops up.  If I switch color handling back to "Photoshop Manages Colors" and click on the "Print Settings" the box opens up as normal… but now of course the ABW option is greyed out.

I tried reinstalling the printer driver (Epson 3880)… but it's not related to the driver since it happens on multiple printers (HP & Epson).  This is a problem within Photoshop.  To make sure I'm not crazy, I tried it on another computer and it works as expected.

What could have caused this and how do I fix it?

PS and OSX are on their current versions (12.0,.4 and 10.7.3 respectively)

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 2, 2012 9:01 AM   in reply to 1957GoldTop

go to System Preferences> Print & Fax and set your printer to be the Default printer. Then go back to Photoshop, File> Print, set "Printer Manages Colors" and Save. Then File> Print (again), select the correct printer and "Photoshop Manages Colors" — now Print Settings should be working correctly.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 6, 2012 12:55 PM   in reply to 1957GoldTop

This just happened to me and I came here looking for answers. Not sure I want to delete all my PS preferences. The Print Settings dialog came up just fine the 1st time I printed this file -  then I just wanted to print again after applying a curve to brighten it up a bit. Very frustrating.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 7, 2012 11:22 AM   in reply to toodleman

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers