Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Premiere Pro CS5.5 closes, but process in taskmanager doesn't

Apr 1, 2012 11:00 PM

Windows 7, CS5.5.2

I had this happening to me a few times times, I click the x in the top right corner to close Premiere, it asks me to save my project, I click no and the program seems to close, nothing on the taskbar left either, but it's still there in the taskmanager as a 290MB process.

I discovered this when Premiere refused to start. Now I'm forced to close the process before I can start Premiere.

What's causing this?

It seems that more people had this problem:

http://forums.adobe.com/message/2920945

http://forums.adobe.com/message/3248472

Some had it solved by updating the video driver, but since I already have the latest one (NVidia) I don't see how that's going to solve it. I also have the latest chipset and audio dirvers as of yesterday.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 1, 2012 11:44 PM   in reply to MDenver

How long are you waiting for the process to quit?

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 2, 2012 2:31 PM   in reply to MDenver

This is a user-to-user forum. Adobe staff (like me) help out here in our free time, when we can.

If you want a guaranteed response from Adobe personnel, then you need to contact Adobe Technical Support:

http://www.adobe.com/support/contact

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 2, 2012 5:12 PM   in reply to MDenver

Contacting support? You're funny.... when I talked about the Microsoft driver verifier tool, their response was basically one of "Say what?!".

It's only my opinion, but if you alienate or antagonize someone with a big, white A and the moniker "Employee" under that A, your chances of getting any help at all here asymptotically approach zero.

Jeff

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 2, 2012 8:11 PM   in reply to MDenver

To anyone with the same problem (according to Google, there are many!); feel free to contact me personally and I'll erradicate this issue for you forever, because Adobe won't be of any help based on my experience on the phone and online

You'd help a lot more people if you'd post your solution here in the forum.

based on my journey of over 9(!) hairpulling hours to find a solution for this irritating problem

which cost 15 seconds of his time was wayyyyy too much to ask

I'm running a rather large, mostly non-profit, web site for almost 9 years where I have done way more time consuming things that I never got paid for, than just sending a tiny personal message

You've already spent many hours on this -- hopefully another 15 seconds more of your unpaid time to really help future visitors out and post the solution here isn't too much to ask..

As for the moderator not sending you a PM, here are some things to think about: first, it takes more than 15 seconds. Second, if you multiply the time it does take by all the posts that have to be moved by the moderators every single day, it can add up to a lot of time.  That's time that we generally don't have after sifting through the hundreds of posts that show up daily.  There's an easy way for the users to find what they've posted and where it currently resides; sending a PM for every moved post or topic would be a colossal waste of our (unpaid) time.  Sorry if you disagree.

Jeff

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 3, 2012 9:29 AM   in reply to MDenver

I have the same issue.  If you have a fix for it, I'd love to get rid of this irritating problem!

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 13, 2012 2:41 PM   in reply to MDenver

Hey MDenver, i wanna take you up on your offer to help

MDenver wrote:

To anyone with the same problem (according to Google, there are many!); feel free to contact me personally and I'll erradicate this issue for you forever

Can you please post the solution here, or at least tell us how to get in touch with you ?

I'm pulling my hair here too with this problem..

Thx buddy. 

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 13, 2012 3:06 PM   in reply to vvulture

Happens to me, too.  I'd be interested in  knowing how it was fixed.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 27, 2013 2:30 AM   in reply to MDenver

I have the same problem.  Can you help me please

tienneveeck@gmail.com

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 3, 2013 7:47 PM   in reply to tienne veeck

After clearing cache and getting rid of additional codecs (such as matrox, hali, codec pack etc) the processes for new projects in task manager do now quit, but here's the interesting thing- The old projects that used to hang , still do, so I suspect a corruption in project file /security or permisdsions may have contributed in the first place but the old projects still hang. The workaround is to create a new project and import the sequence in there. No more hanging processes in the task bar.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points