Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Activation via internet

Apr 2, 2012 5:00 AM

I'm looking forward to the CS6 release, however I would like to install it on a stand alone PC in the recording studio that has no internet connection or MS office etc only Adobe Audition for recording & editing.  I Adobe will allow activation via phone again as with previous versions.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 2, 2012 11:09 AM   in reply to Donny Bradfield

There will be no requirement that the computer is connected to the Internet for activation.

Details will come later, when we're allowed to discuss them.

|
    Mark as:
    May 10, 2012 7:13 AM   in reply to Donny Bradfield

The leaflet is wrong... or at least misleading.

Go ahead and try installing Audition on your computer that is not connected to the Internet. When it comes time to activate, you should get a prompt that asks you to enter an activation code. You can get that activation code using any Internet-conencted device. When we tested this, it was with a smartphone. Then you just type that activation code into the computer that isn't connected to the Internet.

BTW, you'll have better success if you bring questions and issues about downloading, installation, and activation for CS6 software to this forum:

http://bit.ly/s6BWKF

Those of us on the Audition forum know Audition, but we don't necessarily know everything that there is to know about downloading, installing, and activation.

|
    Mark as:
    May 31, 2012 2:55 PM   in reply to Donny Bradfield

Hi Donny,

I've read another similar report of this, and am looking into it.  In the meantime, if you choose Help > Deactivate  and then relaunch Audition and sign in with your Adobe ID, it should reactivate correctly.

Durin

|
    Mark as:
    May 31, 2012 6:07 PM   in reply to Donny Bradfield

Hi Donny.

Did you ever notice whether the 'Deactivate' option under the Help menu was greyed out after you 

activated the product?

I, too, opted to go for the standalone activation and that seemed to work, in that it stopped the 

'7-day countdown' nag screen that you get after you input the product serial number. However, upon 

checking under the Help menu, the Deactivate option was, and remains, greyed out.

I'm having a few problems with Audition CS6 at the moment, this being one of them. As I might end up 

having to do a complete program uninstall and reinstall, I don't want to lose an installation 

entitlement because I can't properly deactivate.

The one ray of hope for us is that Durin appears to be on the case.

Regards,

Steve.

|
    Mark as:
    May 31, 2012 7:23 PM   in reply to Stephen P Simpson

I'm still following the issue, but so far the other reports are related to Creative Cloud activations.  Donny's seems unique in that his system is not connected to the internet. 

The Deactivate menu item may not be enabled on the same launch session that you activated.  If you relaunch and it is still disabled, we can take a deeper look though I am no expert on the activation schemes.  What are the other issues you're having with CS6? 

In any case, let me know if anything changes one way or the other over the next few days.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 1, 2012 8:11 AM   in reply to Donny Bradfield

Hi Donny.

Thank you for the description of what you had to do to get going again.

If my activated installation decides to time out within the next month, I'll know what I'll need to do.

Do you have any means of knowing whether you have now used up two activations, or is it still only the one?

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 1, 2012 8:17 AM   in reply to _durin_

Hello Durin.

Firstly, thanks for taking an interest in this.

I installed Audition CS6 on the 23rd May. During installation, I did not choose the 30-day trial

option, I chose to input my serial number. This started the "You have seven days to activate" countdown

timer.

Because I was aware of one issue that I had had with Audition CS5.5 whilst it was briefly installed, I

held off activating Audition CS6 until the 29th May. That gave me some time, prior to committing to the

standalone activation, to investigate the issue which appears to be also present in Audition CS6.

The 'Deactivate...' option under 'Help' remains greyed out even today, 1st June.

I'm probably going to wait it out to see whether Audition decides to time out within the coming month,

as I can follow the process that Donny described to probably get it going again.

I'm bringing this observation to people's attention as a matter of record, as others may also turn out

to be affected. I'm also concerned about losing out on activation entitlement if something has gone

awry somewhere.

With regard to other issues I'm having with Audition CS6, I think that I have three; I'm still running

through tests and permutations of settings and conditions, and will post up on the forum if I feel that

it will be of use to other people. For all I know, I might be causing the problems!

I'll certainly post any developments on this activation issue.

Regards,

Steve.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 4, 2012 1:41 PM   in reply to Donny Bradfield

Donny,

I suspect you'll have better luck bringing this up directly in the Installer forum Todd listed above:

http://forums.adobe.com/community/download_install_setup?view=discussi ons

There are installer-specific engineers responding there, and those guys will know what's going on under the activation hood far better than I.  Let me know if/when you've posted there and I'll hop on the thread as well.

One quick question: What sort of anti-virus/anti-spyware/automated back-up tools might you be running on this system?  I've seen a similar (sort of - at least similar in the nature of the issue) in the past where someone had a registry protection tool that decided it did not like the Adobe activation scheme and would reset certain registry keys every morning breaking Audition.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points