Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Reliability of Computer-made DVD's and BD's

Apr 2, 2012 11:58 AM

I have been using Premiere for years starting with making DVD's, and most recently moving onto Blu-ray disc.  What I found out was that the DVD's burned by computer were not reliable.  The playbacks often have picture break ups and sometimes the DVD players complain about dirty discs being played, in fact the discs were just burned.  I have tried different brands of DVD-Rs, but this problem seemed persistent with all of them and with different DVD burners, leading me to the conclusion that there might be some fundamental faults with the technology itself.

I have not used Blu-ray writer for long yet.  But so far all BD's I produced can play back smoothly.  Interesting enough, even the previous troublesome DVD's can playback on the Blu-ray player better.  Is there inherent stability in the Blu-ray spec compared to DVD's?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 2, 2012 12:35 PM   in reply to paddyz123

Create an ISO (Encore) or folder on your hard drive (Encore or Premiere Elements) and then use the FREE http://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=download to write files or folders or ISO to disc for DVD or BluRay (send the author a PayPal donation if you like his program)

Imgburn will read the ACTUAL disc brand from the disc, which is not always the same as the box label (Memorex is notorious for buying "anything" and putting it inside a Memorex box)

When you write to disc with Imgburn, use the SLOWEST possible speed setting, so your burner has the best chance to create "good, well formed" laser burn holes... since no DVD player is required to read a burned disc, having a "good" one from a high quality blank will help

Use Taiyo Yuden single layer or Verbatim Two layer

Or Falcon Pro for inkjet printable Two layer

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points