Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

My images look blurry when I export or publish my site from Muse. Why and how do I fix it?

Apr 2, 2012 1:15 PM

My images look blurry, jagged, pixelated and low quality when I publish or export my site from Muse. Is there any way to avoid or fix this problem?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 21, 2012 2:45 PM   in reply to Adobe Muse FAQ

THIS IS RIDICULOUS...

why can't you simply select the image and ask it to output as jpg, gif or png!

get with the program guys and please intruduce this feature!

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 21, 2012 4:09 PM   in reply to The_DC

Is it really ridiculous? I think you didn't understand a word of the explanation above.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 21, 2012 4:11 PM   in reply to mac_heibu

yeah was just venting the old frustrations...do understand though, and applied the single pixel transparency and the PSD files sharpen up immediately. THX for the pointer!

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 21, 2012 4:28 PM   in reply to The_DC

For me, the most simple way to prevent a picture from getting downsampled is to choose in one egde a rounded corner of 1 Pixel. This isn't visible, but causes Muse to use losless PNG-Format instead of JPG, because rounded corners introduce transparency, which JPG doesn't support.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 21, 2012 11:13 PM   in reply to mac_heibu

Sounds good I will try this. Very good idea. THX!

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 6, 2013 7:43 AM   in reply to The_DC

sorry, but this is unbelievable for a program supposed to be a professional website-editor.

I have large line-art images in my site, and now have to include transparency to force Muse creating png and producing proper quality... should we laugh or cry?

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 6, 2013 8:34 AM   in reply to thbode

In a current project I notice that Muse creates/exports thes SAME jpg for dektop AND phone version. that is the reason, in this case, for the lousy quality of this (lineart) images. They only have 380 px widht even in dektop version!

In a test file with only 1 page and 1 image for each desktop and mobile, Muse created TWO files. since there is nothing to influence from my side this must be a bug.

another way to get the image quality needed, we can exchange the images in the folder of the webspace. this is ridicolous too, shure, but the a way to get 100% what you want...

unfortunately in this case it does not work since the 380 px images are neccesary and ok for the phone version... ;-(

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 6, 2013 1:20 PM   in reply to thbode

I understand your frustration. In many ways the controls in Muse are almost too simplistic. I know it's nice to have a simple and easy tool for website creation but the developers need to start giving the program some fire power!

|
    Mark as:
    May 11, 2013 1:11 PM   in reply to Adobe Muse FAQ

Can someone walk me through how to put this transparent pixel into a PSD button. In photoshop, I've got my two layers for my rollover button and then I save it and the quality is awful in Muse. So is this transparent pixel just an extra layer? Because when I add it as an extra layer an save it, then import the PSD button in muse, this layer isn't detected by the photoshop import/state options under the PSD button interface, and the quality is still awful. Any guidance would be much appreciated.

|
    Mark as:
    May 13, 2013 12:09 AM   in reply to JTHLewis

Yes the blury PSD files in Muse is a very studip problem which requires the following action. Make sure your PSD file isn't flattened, this means the layer can't be called background in italics - this is the default setting, you will need to double click the layer and name it something else for this to change...and then ensure at least one pixel in your image is missing, this means you litterally have to delete the pixel revealing photoshop's background checker board pattern which indicates transparency (ensure this feature is turned on in your preferences, it is by default). It doesn't have to be one pixel it can be an entire row or even a column of pixels. The main thing to remember is that it must be "at least" one pixel in order for Muse to recognise the need to export as a PNG.

If you have multiple layers then I am pretty sure you just need to delete the same area in all of them thus revealing the checkers!

...any further questions please just ask!

Regards,

Glen

|
    Mark as:
    May 13, 2013 11:26 AM   in reply to The_DC

Legend! Thanks for the advice! Works a treat.

|
    Mark as:
    May 17, 2013 10:40 PM   in reply to Adobe Muse FAQ

What about HiDPi images for product like the Retina MacBook Pro? I want my webpage to look good on HiDPI screens too and not just a standard screen. Does anyone have any solutions?

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 30, 2013 9:19 PM   in reply to Adobe Muse FAQ

I've also started noticing problems when using the retina screen. All the websafe fonts look fantastic but the supporting images set automatically to 72ppi and look terrible next to the beautiful crisp type. Adobe need to get onto this asap. Screen technology is miles ahead of the automatic preferences of the software.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points