Skip navigation
AniaQu
Currently Being Moderated

Problem with fonts using in PE 10 in Mac

Apr 2, 2012 11:30 PM

Tags: #font #mac_os_x #premiere_elements_10

Hello,

I bought APE 10 (eng) for multiple platforms and instaled it on my MacBook Pro wih MacOS 10.7 (PL).

When I try to write the text in the "Title" different set of fonts than Western Europe, do not get any valid results.
1. If I try to enter from the keyboard (eg Polish) using Alt (Option) + <letter> not displayed any sign.
2. Also, try to call the character by pressing Alt (Option) + <number of Unicode> does not give effect.
3.When writing the desired character in another editor (eg TextEdit) and copy to the "Title" appears in a set (two or three pieces) of random characters.

This applies to attempts to use any characters outside the basic set of WesternEurope and any standard fonts and uploaded on the occasion of 10th APE installation

Please help.

AniaQu

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 3, 2012 5:00 AM   in reply to AniaQu

You may need to contact Adobe Tech Support about this one, Ania.

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/414984

Premiere Elements should support the font if you've got it installed on your computer. However, on a Mac I've found that Alt key combinations won't work, unfortunately.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 3, 2012 9:27 PM   in reply to AniaQu

If you have to use Multi-National fonts, I would recommend using a program, that fully supports them, and then doing a Copy/Paste into Titler.

On a PC, I use Character Map, as it always works, where the Alt+ key combos, are not 100%. I can only guess that the Mac has similar, but just do not know.

For heavy text, with Glyphs, I use Adobe Illustrator, and then Open those AI files into Photoshop, for Rasterization, and Save_As PSD (Photoshop's native format, and one that Imports into PrE, or PrPro).

My word processor, WordPerfect, handles Multi-National (plus all sorts of fonts) perfectly, and then I just Copy/Paste from it, to Titler.

Good luck, and wish that I had more Mac-specific ideas.

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 5, 2012 8:31 AM   in reply to AniaQu

When you get the response, please update the post with the "fix," as it will likely be useful to other Mac-users.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 11, 2012 12:10 PM   in reply to AniaQu

If you have Photoshop Elements, you already have a much more powerful Title-maker. I do most of my Titles (except for very simple ones) in Photoshop, creating a New Image (matching the Project's Frame Size - do not know about PSE, but PS has Custom Presets for New Image, that match nearly all common Video sizes.) w/ a Transparent Background. Just Save_As PSD, or PNG, and Import that Title, just as one would a Still Image.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points