Skip navigation
ahmedn11
Currently Being Moderated

Photoshop CS5.1 3D Repousse?

May 8, 2012 10:06 AM

Tags: #photoshop #cs5 #video #3d #text #rendering #card #extended #repousse

When I go on Photoshop CS5.1 extended, and choose "3D" "Repousse" than I click on "Text Layer" it brings up a message saying this:

"Your 3D scene now exceeds the limits of lights and/or textures for the video card's hardware-accelerated 3D rendering. As long as the limits are exceeded, 3D rendering will be done in software only, and some features (E.g. Repousse) will be disabled"

then when I click "Okay" it brings up another message saying this: "Could not complete the Text Layer command because of a program error." then I click 'Okay' again and nothing happens, what does this mean?

My video card is: Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family

and is up to date.

I have 64bit Operating System and my Installed Memory(RAM) is 2.00GB

I am not sure why it keeps doing this though?

Thanks for your help

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 8, 2012 9:58 AM   in reply to ahmedn11

I am not sure why it keeps doing this though?

Umm, because your computer is seriously underpowered? Sorry, but it's simply inadequate. You barely have any RAM to run PS properly and your intel graphics just doesn't cut it. They always have been problematic and much more so in your environment, where no doubt the shared memory is furtehr subtracting from your measly memory outfit, it's even more severe. Sorry to say so, but unless you get a more powerful computer, this will probably never work. You can of course try to update your graphics driver, but I doubt it will make much of a difference....

Mylenium

|
    Mark as:
  • Noel Carboni
    23,514 posts
    Dec 23, 2006
    Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 1, 2012 9:47 AM   in reply to ahmedn11

Today I would recommend the VisionTek ATI Radeon HD 7750 1GB GDDR5 card.  At a hair over $100 it's a good value, delivers quite good performance, and doesn't draw an undue amount of current from your power supply.

If your budget and power supply can handle a bit more, the more powerful VisionTek ATI Radeon HD 7850 and 7870 cards with more GDDR5 RAM would be worth considering.  I'm personally fond of the VisionTek brand because all the cards I've gotten from them worked 100% perfectly throughout their lives.

Photoshop would love as much RAM as you care to give it.  My current workstation has 16 GB, and I do sometimes crave more.  If I were building a brand new machine today I'd put at least 48 GB of RAM in it, if not more.  Your current machine may have limitations - what brand/model is it, and do you have documentation showing the max RAM it can support?  You'll need this detailed info to determine what kind of RAM to get.

By the way, if you have to replace the RAM you have already in the system, rather than just add more, and if your computer can support it, I recommend ECC RAM because it will correct errors and not allow the system to run with uncorrectable errors.

-Noel

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points