Skip navigation
xenoglott
Currently Being Moderated

Flash CS5 AS3 Video Control - Jump ahead 10 seconds in FLVPlayback video

Apr 3, 2012 11:15 AM

Tags: #video #as3 #seek #cue_point

I want to press a button and jump 10 seconds ahead in a an .f4v that is imported into the FLVPlayback component.

Using Flash CS5 and AS3.

Here's what I have:

next_btn_i.addEventListener(MouseEvent.CLICK, fx_forward10);

function fx_forward10(event:MouseEvent):void

{

//I can't find any code online to tell me how to do this! I have spent the last 4 hours looking and trying different, sucky, worthless things.

//For example: vid_i.seek(vid_i.findCuePoint("Marker 10", CuePointType.ACTIONSCRIPT)["time"]);

//I want something like this:

//    set vid_i.playheadTime = vid_i.playheadTime + 10000

}

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 3, 2012 12:32 PM   in reply to xenoglott

If it's progressive playback then you can only seek to keyframes. If you set keyframe distance at 10 seconds (standard for some media) and skip 10 seconds it will find the next keyframe AFTER the 10 second mark you specify. Worst case scenerio in that situation is you'll skip 19 seconds.

You don't need to assign a variable to it, you can just:

aud01.playheadTime += 20;

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 10, 2012 1:16 PM   in reply to xenoglott

It means you have not hired a host who has a streaming server to serve your videos from over a streaming protocol.

Basically progressive play is when you load any http:// address pointing toward a file and it plays off a website. Progressive means you cannot skip to any part of the video that has not downloaded. You can only progressively play it as it downloads.

Alternatively, on a streaming (non-progressive) server you can skip at any time to another part of the movie regardless of keyframes.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points