Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

ID CS4 Export Pages Wrong Size

Apr 3, 2012 1:30 PM

Tags: #size #pdf #export

I recently updated my computer from Windows XP to Windows 7. I reinstalled CS4 yesterday and am trying to update a file I created prior to updating my system.  The pages were 3.5 in X 4.5 in. When exporting to PDF, the pages came out the right size. When I updated the same file (just changed a few words and saved under a different title), I tried to export to PDF. The file took up the entire PDF page as opposed to beign 3.5X4.5 inches. Is this just a setting somewhere? I have no idea as to what could be causing this since the "new" file is the old file, just with a few words changed. I used the old file as a template. Please help!

Thanks,

Erin

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 3, 2012 3:30 PM   in reply to erin.saunders1

erin.saunders1 wrote:
    <<snip>>

I tried to export to PDF. The file took up the entire PDF page as opposed to beign 3.5X4.5 inches.

What is the page size as listed in Acrobat, what is the Page size in InDesign (as shown in File > Document Setup)

Two things come to mind - They are the same page size, but Acrobat is filling the viewing area (normal behavior) whereas the old file had the Initial View set to pahaps 100%.

Confirm that you exported from InDesign and did not Print to PDF (Page Scaling could be invoked from the print to)

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 4, 2012 1:08 PM   in reply to erin.saunders1

What is the Acrobat page size, I'm expecting 3.5 x 4.5 (InDesign export is pretty rock solid), and Page Scaling was enabled when printing from acrobat...

If this is not the case a screen shot might help

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points