Skip navigation
Ron Lanham 112 posts
Aug 11, 2002
Currently Being Moderated

Spacebar not inserting space between characters

Apr 3, 2012 5:34 PM

I don't remember ever having this problem before.

The spacebar is nolonger inserting a space between characters.

I tried switching from my wireless iMac keyboard to my wired Apple keyboard; replaced preference files; booted from several other partitions (that share the same Photoshop app); checked the character palette for kerning and tracking; and tried different fonts.

It may be that I have to trash the preference files and completely reset them... but I sure hope not.

I've tried two backup preference files (but perhaps this problem has been going on longer than I thought and both backups are corrupt).

Any advice before I trash my preferences?

Ron

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 3, 2012 6:03 PM   in reply to Ron Lanham

Do you have any third party plugins?  Have you tried disabling them?

What version of Photoshop are you using?  Have you downloaded and installed all the updates?

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 4, 2012 10:07 PM   in reply to Ron Lanham

There's more to it than deleting one or two files:

http://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/preference-file-functions-names-lo cations-1.html

To re-create the preferences files for Photoshop, start the application while holding down Ctrl+Alt+Shift (Windows) or Command+Option+Shift (Mac OS). Then, click Yes to the message, "Delete the Adobe Photoshop Settings file?"

Mac OS 

Important: Apple made the user library folder hidden by default with the release of Mac OS X 10.7. If you need access to files in the hidden library folder to perform Adobe-related troubleshooting, see How to access hidden user library files.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points