• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Contains no openable non-generated files?

Explorer ,
Apr 04, 2012 Apr 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My computer shut down when my office lost power, when I got up and running again I saw that my FM file names now had ‘recover’ at the end. So I renamed each one only eliminating the recover part. However when I tried to update the book I got “couldn't update this book because it contains no openable nongenerated files”. Please advise when you have a chance. I am using FM10.

Thanx,

William

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 04, 2012 Apr 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Named them back to .recover & let FM do its thing with them when you try opening the old file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2012 Nov 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get the same error and I'm using FM 11. Can anyone help?

I'm also unable to print book.

Thanks!

- Meera

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To follow on to Jeff's answer...

Rename to the .recover, open the file normally, do a Save As... over the original file, and you should be fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not a recover file. These files were originally authored in FM 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@msrinivas12 It sounds like you have error messages when you are opening your files. Since you mention the FM10 to FM11 transition, are you getting alerts about opening FM 10 files in FM 11?

What happens if you open all files in book, then do the Print function?

It's likely that you are either suppressing the Alerts, or that you're used to seeing alerts related to missing/unavailable resources. When FM sees these missing pieces, it halts the print process.

-Matt

@mattrsullivan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 24, 2013 Jun 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

One of my team members had the same problem. I noticed he was getting lots of missing-font messages. He loaded the fonts and the problem stopped.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines