Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Can't save to mp3 192 Kbps

Apr 4, 2012 11:11 PM

I am trying to save to mp3 192 Kbps from wave as Export Audio within Range Markers. I tried to save songs to 192 or 160 Kbps mp3 but in result I always get only 128 Kbps (3.22 min song is 3164kB) when I open with Real Player or Windows Media Player. Does is anyone have this problem?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 5, 2012 10:44 AM   in reply to Kost7

If you open the new MP3 file in Audition, what does it think the mp3 bit rate to be?  (This is displayed in the Source Format column in the Files panel or the Format area in the Properties panel.)

Can you tell us, or attach a screenshot, what values are set for Sample Type and Format Settings in the Export Range Markers dialog?

|
    Mark as:
  • SteveG(AudioMasters)
    5,615 posts
    Oct 26, 2006
    Apr 5, 2012 12:25 PM   in reply to Kost7

Kost7 wrote:

Does is anyone have this problem?

Having a spare ten minutes, I just tried this using the same settings (stereo original, mono MP3) both as an export from Multitrack view, and also as a direct save from Edit view. I simply can't get this to go wrong - it saves as exactly what it says it will. And the metadata and file properties tie up correctly as well...

|
    Mark as:
  • SteveG(AudioMasters)
    5,615 posts
    Oct 26, 2006
    Apr 6, 2012 3:15 AM   in reply to Kost7

The only thing I can think of to try is deleting (or renaming and saving) C:\Documents and Settings\{username}\Aplication Data\Adobe\Audition\4.0\Application Setings.xml and seeing if this still happens. If you either delete, or rename this, then Audition will automatically replace it with a new 'vanilla' version. But this file does contain some settings related to this, so it may well be worth trying. If you can't find it, you may have to unhide the folder it's in, but it will be there!

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 26, 2012 3:07 PM   in reply to Kost7

I'm reopening this because it was never solved and I have a similar problem with Audition CS6 on OS X. No matter what Multitrack Mixdown settings I chose, Audition creates a 192 kbps MP3.

Were there any solutions?

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 27, 2012 7:35 PM   in reply to DJosephDesign

At least in my case, this ended up being a very strange issue. I remade my multitrack session and still encountered this problem. Even though the audio and the session were at 16-bit, the exported file was at 32-bit. So I changed Audition's mixdown settings from "Same as Source" (which should have meant 16-bit) to 16-bit, and then my MP3 properly encoded with the settings I actually chose!

Apparently, "Same as Source" to Audition means "completely different from source and the user's other preferences."

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 2, 2014 1:11 AM   in reply to DJosephDesign

Heres a solution.

Try saving it to wav.

Then convert the wav to mp3 192 with an outside utility.

Just google for a free convert wav to mp3 192 program.

James

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points