Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

"There was an error opening this document" Adobe PostScript Driver creates corrupt PDF's.

Apr 5, 2012 9:01 AM

Hello,

Just looking for a point in the right direction or some answers to a problem that has been plaguing a few of our users.

We use Adobe reader X and Adobe Post Script driver as a means to print a document as a PDF.

However, a few of our users are experiencing the problem where as the every so often a PDF created comes up with the "There was an error opening this document.  The file is damaged and could not be repaired." Message. these documents always vary in size but average around 20 - 30 kb, These seem to be complete anomolies and are corrupted from the off. The only solution we have found for this is a complete rebuild. But we have no idea what is causing this, as we are using the latest version of Adobe Reader. Also, a document that will print corrupted on one go, will print fine on the next.

Thanks.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 6, 2012 7:36 AM   in reply to Stones1001

Do you experience this problem when opening the PDFs in standalone Reader or in a web browser? Are you using any anti-virus software that might conflict with Protected Mode in Reader X?

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 11, 2012 11:51 AM   in reply to Stones1001

Do you have a copy of Acrobat Pro.? If so, then in the Preflight tool there is a Fixup to "Repair damaged document" but it cannot repair seriously damaged PDFs. There are also Preflight checks that can report any syntax issues.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 21, 2012 6:52 AM   in reply to LoriAUC

My Mac version of Acrobat Pro does not have the option "Repair Damaged Document." I am running OS 10.8.2 and v. 10.1.4 of Acrobat Pro.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 26, 2013 3:11 PM   in reply to Stones1001

Help!  I can no longer open ANY .pdf file on my computer after installing Photoshop Elements and the Cloud.  I have uninstalled everything and reinstalled Reader to no avail.  This is a major problem for me!

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 3, 2013 6:22 AM   in reply to angryatadobe

Do you also have Adobe Reader installed? If so, do you have all the latest point updates for the version you're running?

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points