Acrobat X Pro shuts down when the comments pane is clicked. Windows XP 32bit, Office 2007. I don't have any issues on the XP 64bit install just on all my XP 32bit installs. A couple machines show a generic error and others just close the program. Any ideas?
Does it crash? Will it be possible for you to share the crash dump with us?
Method for generating the crash dump:
1) Install 32bit windbg from internet.
2) Launch the command prompt
3) Navigate to folder "cd C:\Program Files\Debugging Tools for Windows (x86)"
4) Type "windbg -I" and press enter
5) Now do the steps to reproduce the crash. (Launch Acrobat and click comments pane)
6) After it crashes observe if a windbg window is launched with the crash details. Click Yes if it asks you to save it.
7) A windbg window will open with a rectangular text box at the bottom of it where you can type text.
8) Create a folder "C:\labfiles"
9) In the text box mentioned in step 7 enter the following: .dump /ma c:/labfiles/AcrobatCrash.dmp
10) Press enter.
11) Share the file @ C:\labfiles\AcrobatCrash.dmp
Thanks in advance.
Europe, Middle East and Africa