Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

OLE - Object Linked Ed'ing - not updating between FM & Ph'shop

Apr 5, 2012 2:57 PM

Tags: #import #images #framemaker_9 #ole #windows_7_64bit

When I save changes into a graphic file in Photoshop, one that's already been imported by ref. into my FM file,

I'm not seeing the update in FM. In fact, I'm not seeing the change in Windows Explorer, either. From within

FM and Photoshop, when I do a "save as" to check the date-time stamp on the graphic file, I fall in to a time

loop.

Every time I save or change a file name, the Windows Explorer date-time stamp shows that the change was made

at 11:37 AM, this morning. I've re-booted several times and renamed a couple of different files, after re-booting, but

every time the new file shows up as having been saved at that same, identical moment -- 11:37 am.

When I re-open the same file in Win Paint, and do a "save as" the correct time is displayed in the Explorer

window.

...OK, that may not turn out to be a problem that points back to FM, or Adobe -- the files are saved on the

company network server, not my own hard drive, for one thing -- but I would really appreciate some help with

sorting this out. I work at a small company and I'm the only one using any kind of Adobe software, aside

from Acrobat. Our IT guy is pretty good but hasn't had to spend much time sorting out conflicts between

Adobe and Windows. (Assuming that could be the issue here, since it looks like the Windows side is still

updating correctly, but Adobe is not.)

I'm on a 64-bit Win 7 DELL with a reasonably fast processor and 12 GB of RAM.

My apps. are Photoshop CS4 from Tech Comm Suite 2 (Photoshop 11.0..2) and FM 9.0 p255.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 12, 2012 7:14 AM   in reply to Misha Ko

It kind of sounded like a network issue...

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 12, 2012 12:31 PM   in reply to Misha Ko

Don't hold your breath for that one - that's why Adobe charges for support.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 13, 2012 5:11 AM   in reply to Misha Ko

I think you'd be better off harnessing the power of Google for little things like that ;>)

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points