Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CF 9, .NET Framework 3.5 SP1, and QuickBooks 2011 Database Manager

Explorer ,
Apr 05, 2012 Apr 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I have a client who has a file server running CF 9 for a database app. I need to install .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 onto their server so it can host their QuickBooks file using the QuickBooks 2011 Database Manager. Is there any problem with doing that?

It is a multi-purpose server due to money limitations (file server and CF9 server). Not ideal, but it works.

Thank you for helping!

Gregg Hill

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Apr 09, 2012 Apr 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have not experienced any problems with having the .NET framework installed on the same server as ColdFusion.  I am assuming you are *not* planning to use the .NET features builit into CF.

I would be more concerned with the security risks involved in putting accounting data on a web server rather than a file server which is isolated from the Internet by a firewall.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mr. Dobbs,

Thank you for the information. We will not be using the .NET functions in CF9. Regarding the QB data, the server web site is a password-protected login to a database and has no "public" web pages in the sense that just anyone can view them. We will soon implement a feature of the firewall to require logging into the firewall with a separate user name and password before port 80 to the database even gets opened, and that will prevent port scans from ever seeing port 80.

RDP to the server is already done that way, requiring firewall login before 3389 gets exposed to that user (me, and the CF9 programmer).

I appreciate your help!

Gregg Hill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Financial Data? Port 80? What's all this then?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation