Skip navigation
antonpierhagen
Currently Being Moderated

Automatic authentication with a webservice in SAP

Apr 5, 2012 11:12 PM

hi all

I have a flex application which uses SOAP webservices from SAP to retrieve data.

Everytime one of the SOAP webservices is called the user have to enter a name plus password

login.png

I would like to make this automaticly. So that the user haven't got to fill this in. But Flex already filled it automaticcally.

But how do this work? How can you set this in Flex?

kind regards

Anton Pierhagen

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 6, 2012 12:14 AM   in reply to antonpierhagen

user has to enter only once their credentials.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 6, 2012 5:27 AM   in reply to antonpierhagen

hi,

I hope you embed you flex applicatios in .do file. when you try to load .do file SAP asks you login. it is not depends only on flex. if you load anything from SAP first it aks you login. For example if you load PDF file from SAP it asks you login. once you give your login credential you don't need to give login for the entire browser session.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 6, 2012 6:45 AM   in reply to antonpierhagen

regarding flex you can use setCredetials method in webservice. But it is not related to flex app. SAP asks login before loading flex app i.e when it loads html file that containing flex. May be you can try it in SAP settings. I am not sure about that.

To be frank, i never try this approach. Need some security around our app. So it is better to leave as it is.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points