• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR4 install from disc doesn't upgrade LR4 catalogue despite clicking upgrade button on install.

New Here ,
Apr 05, 2012 Apr 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use LR3 latest version on Mac Pro & was trying LR4 Beta which I recently deleted prior to installing LR4 from disc. I followed installation instruction to upgrade LR3 catalogue. Except for a few images, I don't now see the LR3 catalogue with all my past years' images. This didn't happen when I upgraded LR2 to LR3.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 06, 2012 Apr 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might get better answers on such specifics in the LR forums. If you used the LR Beta, I could imagine any number of things interferring here, one possibly being corruption or incompatibilities in the catalog files or custom metadata fields preventing recognition and conversion. in these cases you probably will have to fiddle with teh pertinent prefs and XMP config, but it's realyl best to ask the people who know better than me...

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 06, 2012 Apr 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks very much for quick reply. I theorised that LR4 had trouble picking the right LR3 catalogue to upgrade as I have 3 listed, so I used LR4 to open the latest LR3 catalogue, then upgraded that as per LR4 prompt, and all my pictures were back agan!

Next problem was that I got a 'No image selected' message in Develop and no images in filmstrip: a Google search on that issue suggested simply restarting LR4 and indeed that sorted that issue!

So now seem to be up and running!

Thanks again for stepping in and helping.

Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines