Skip navigation
NorthMarq Gail
Currently Being Moderated

Pages Panel Not Working

Apr 6, 2012 2:23 PM

I am trying to find out why my pages panel will not respond to the mouse. The page thumbnails seem locked or frozen. The pages panel menu works fine, but I can’t navigate the pages by using the thumbnails on the pages panel.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 6, 2012 2:26 PM   in reply to NorthMarq Gail

change the theme of your computer from aero to something basic.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 6, 2012 2:31 PM   in reply to NorthMarq Gail

YOu are on mac or window? what version of INdesign?

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 6, 2012 2:37 PM   in reply to NorthMarq Gail

You mean windows server 2007?

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 6, 2012 2:41 PM   in reply to NorthMarq Gail

try resetting preferences:=

These are normally hidden files, so you will need to set your system to show them. They will be found in various places depending on the OS, and the version of InDesign.

InDesign Defaults:

Windows : C:\Documents and Settings\<USER>\Application Data\Adobe\InDesign\<Version #>\<language>\ (Note: Prior to version 6 [CS4] the language folder is not used).

Windows Vista or Windows 7: C:\Users\<USER>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\InDesign\<Version #>\<Language>\ (Note: Prior to version 6 [CS4] the language folder is not used).

InDesign SavedData:

Windows : C:\Documents and Settings\<USER>\Local Settings\Application Data\Adobe\InDesign\<Version #>\<Language>\Caches\ (Note: Prior to version 6 [CS4] the language folder is not used).

Windows Vista or Windows 7: C:\Users\<USER>\AppData\Local\Adobe\InDesign\<Version #>\<Language>\Caches\ (Note: Prior to version 6 [CS4] the language folder is not used).

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 6, 2012 2:48 PM   in reply to NorthMarq Gail

I'm not entirely clear waht version of Windows you are using, but it sounds like Windows 2007 Server, which I do not believe is an officially supported OS, which menas it may run, but no testing was done during development and there may be some things that don't work, and thers is no technical support available.

With that in mind, take a look at InDesign tools and panels don't respond to mouse clicks (Windows 7/Vista) and see if anything there applies to your setup.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 6, 2012 2:53 PM   in reply to NorthMarq Gail

That is windows server 2007 ,  and as peter said CS5.5 is not tested on it ,

However you can try the suggestion given but would like to know has it ever worked before.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 6, 2012 3:23 PM   in reply to NorthMarq Gail

You might be able to still use the larger fonts. It's the combination of the large fonts and the Aero theme that seems to do it, so dumping Aero may allow the large fonts and still have ID working.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points