Skip navigation
salmanorguk
Currently Being Moderated

Uploading to own domain

Apr 6, 2012 3:37 PM

Tags: #publishing #hyperlink #domain #no_images #own_domain #broken_hyperlinks

Hello everyone,

I have finished my muse project and would like to upload it to my own domain (hosted by 123-reg.co.uk).

I export the muse file via html and then upload it to my public root folder using Filezilla. I upload the following files:

All the html pages

CSS folder

Scripts folder

Images folder (where my images are stored)

Documents folder (ive hyperlinked  PDF in here)

Ancillary items folder (contains some PNG image files used)

Muse_manifest.xml file

I have also uploaded the actual .muse file once as well (getting the same result)

The problem is my website doesnt show properly. It loads and the background image is fine and the hyperlinks are fine, but the formatting and layout is wrong, no images show, no blank compositions show, the font i used (Helvetica) shows as standard black webfont.

Can anyone tell me what i am doing wrong?

My website is at www.salman.org.uk

my webhost is www.123-reg.co.uk

(PS- I made this in a Windows 7 PC running virtually in Ubuntu using VMWare workstation.)

Thanks

Salman

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 9, 2012 11:09 AM   in reply to salmanorguk

Your webhost is not serving up anything from the images folder. Either the images folder hasn't been uploaded, or the permissions for this folder don't allow public viewing. If you've uploaded the images folder, you may just need to set the file permissions on the images folder. Check the documentation for your FTP client for how to set file permissions.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points