Skip navigation
Generally Confused
Currently Being Moderated

Plugin/Administrative Rights Issue

Apr 6, 2012 6:06 PM

I am trying to install a plugin but am runing up against a error that will not let me save the script to the plugin folder. Am told this is an Administrative Rights issue. I believe this is a Windows 7 thing but I have done everything Windows 7 has told me to do. I have right clicked on every folder from Programs down to the Filter folder and changed the rights one-by-one. I am at a complete loss. Don't know what else to do. I am the ******* Administrator.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 6, 2012 8:08 PM   in reply to Generally Confused

Sigh.  Changing the rights on all those folders was a very bad idea from a security standpoint.  Change them back to their defaults, if you can.

Now, back to your plug-in question:  How did you get the plug-in, and is it a ZIP file? What steps are you doing to install it?  What is the error message?

Ken

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 7, 2012 10:57 AM   in reply to Generally Confused

For the application you're using to unzip the files -- right-click on the application's icon and choose "Run as Administrator" (even if you're logged in to Windows as an administrator).  Then your unzipping application will be able to extract the files to the folder.

Ken

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 14, 2012 11:23 AM   in reply to Generally Confused

That has not been the case with your software.

Just FYI, Ken is just another user like you, trying to help you out. Very few adobe employees post here, and they have the Employee badge beneath their avatars. The rest of us have no say in how adobe does or does not do anything.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 14, 2012 12:46 PM   in reply to Barbara B.

In addition, the OP's problem is with security on his system and has nothing to do with Adobe or PSE....

Ken

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points