Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Dreamweaver CS5 25% CPU, crash state, CSS Styles window stops updating

Apr 6, 2012 6:43 PM

Tags: #cs5 #dreamweaver #process #cpu_usage #properties_inspector #inspector

Hi, has anyone else found their app in the state where it starts using 25% CPU continually, with the exe not closing after the app window closes?  When this happens, right before, I'll notice that when I select an element in the design or code windows, or the breadcrumbs style selector at the bottom of these two windows, the CSS Styles window will not update to show the current selection's properties.

For me, I've encountered this after being in Inspect mode, and then some how maybe I alt-tab or click in another window without having first selected an item with the Inspector.  At least, I think this is when it happens.  I'll be in th emiddle of something in DW like modifying a CSS property, then realize I need to go look in Illustrator or something to see how big an image was, then come back and stuff stops working properly.  But not always!  Seems to happen to me with my style of working about once per hour, really annoying.  Can't wait for CS6!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 3, 2012 7:41 AM   in reply to ken_l

I have a similar problem....from CS4 right through to CS6!

dreamweaver.PNG

no files open, just opened Dreamweaver CS6 and stuck on 25% usage - slows down my entire machine!

I've tried unticking the "Enable Relates Files" option, tried deleteing the cache files but the darn thing still wants to eat my CPU!

For interest sake im running Win7 X64 / 4GB on an SSD hard drive and still SLOW!!!!

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 14, 2012 2:37 AM   in reply to ken_l

Similar behavior here on two PC :

Windows 7, 64 bit, 4Go RAM, Q6600 3.2Ghz => 25% CPU...

Laptop HP Windows 7, 64 bit, 4Go RAM, Core i5 2.2 Ghz => 25% CPU...

The fan is really noisy !

If i scroll a keep mousedown, the CPU go to 0% usage

If i go to preference settings, the CPU go to 0% usage

Now i use to go to preference every time i leave DW to another app, then cancel preference when a come back it's really annoying !

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points