• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why won't the new flash player show up on my computer?

Community Beginner ,
Apr 07, 2012 Apr 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alright, so, about a week or two ago (around when the update came out) the flash on my computer stopped working, now browser-based is fine, but anything i tried to work with without internet no longer functions, So I've tried downloading this update atleast 4 different times, and each time, it downloads completely as far as i can tell, but it doesn't show up anywhere on my computer as well as the flash files still being un openable. any help?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Apr 07, 2012 Apr 07, 2012

Oh an update, I solved the issue, maybe there was an easier way, but i went to the archive and downloaded the same version, which gave me everything i needed to run the flash player.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To assist us in quickly understanding your problem, please follow these guidelines when posting:

• Specify your operating system (including 32bit or 64bit edition) 
  • Specify your web browser and version (including 32bit or 64bit edition) 
  • Specify your Flash Player version 
  • Give us a brief explanation of the problem, please include any information you feel is important

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh right, i meant to include that information but i must've forgotten.

1. I'm using Windows XP, 32 bit.
2. I use the 32 bit version of a browser called Rockmelt, but like i said flash in my browser works fine.

3. Currently i have no flash player, but i've attempted multiple times to install v11.2.202.228

4. As I said, starting around the update, the flash player on my computer no longer runs or opens any flash objects or .swf files. I get no error message after installation is complete, but i can't use it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Oh an update, I solved the issue, maybe there was an easier way, but i went to the archive and downloaded the same version, which gave me everything i needed to run the flash player.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines