Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fruit Ninja

New Here ,
Apr 07, 2012 Apr 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I have been struggling with creating a cutting effect like in the famous Fruit ninja game.

I will explain, So far i have come up with this http://megaswf.com/serve/1154775

(press down with the mouse to "Cut", press space to throw melones)

But if youl notice my performance is very poor.. if you start moving the mouse fast then the fps drops and the "game" gets stuck...

is there a way to draw to the screen with the fadeing effect that will follow the mouse exact points because now if you move the mouse fast it maples only few points and starts creating staright lines.

Thanks

TOPICS
ActionScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not experiencing any kind of slow perfrmance that I am aware of.  Maybe your machine needs to be more robust.

In any case, you should be cleaning up each melon after it has run its course.  That way you are not building up excess memory usage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you move the mouse fast the line that follows it start being straight lines rather than the exact path that the mouse does..

any thought on how to fix that issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I already indicated, I am not experiencing what you describe... it might just be a machine problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so it figured out...

i thought flash would be easy on the processor but i guess its not

if i want to put this on a mobile phone, any ideas on how to improve the performance so it woud run on less "robust" machines?

thanks anyway

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yeah i notieced that if u move the mouse very very fast or if u press space and keeep pressing it down

like press and dont remove ur hand and watch how the fps drops

but nice game

i have seen a tutorial that uses box2d for the cutting effect

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 08, 2012 Apr 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like what mr.shumi said, if you hold down space, it will slow down. But, that is very simple to fix, good game though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 04, 2013 Sep 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi gadi! please share your slice trail FX with uss!!! pleeeaassseeeee !!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines