• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

protecting RTMP and HLS streams

Explorer ,
Apr 07, 2012 Apr 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have RTMP and HLS live and vod streams running on FMS interactive 4.5. Given that FMS documentation on security and content protection is very scarce I have the following questions:

1. How do I protect my live and vod RTMP streams from embedding in other webpages?

2. How do I protect my live and vod RTMP streams from capturing with special tools like rtmpdump?

3. How do I protect my live and vod HLS streams from embedding in other webpages?

4. How do I protect my live and vod HLS streams from capturing with special tools?

As far as I understood RTMPE is flawed by design because it can be captured with rtmpdump. SWFVerification also fails, because one can use exactly the same SWF player on their site. Can I somehow tell to my FMS server that it would allow only SWF player from my domain?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 08, 2012 Apr 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

outside these:

- swf verfication

- encryption (for rtmp and hls...)

- allowed swf (which can help you for your last question i think) and html domains set inside app

- apache authentication settings

- apache allow deny settings

imho and inside my experience with FMS, i am not aware of other tools for protection (on the other hand, i do think that it is enough for the rtmp but not for the HLS).

I know this does not help your case much (mine too) but view my post as my way of agreeing with you and as a support for getting better protection in future versions, especially for HLS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines