Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

How can i make this in after effects? Please help!

Apr 7, 2012 3:20 PM



I am creating a short video and i want to inculde something like this, i have a 3d image of a ball, and want to replace the plus sign in the video with the ball. How can i do this?



  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 7, 2012 7:24 PM   in reply to koahmad98

    You can use CC Sphere to create a "3d" ball/sphere, but it looks to me like the plus model was created in a 3d program like Cinema 4D, then brought into AE for compositing, given the relfections and stuff.


    If you go to you can find a tutorial on glass spheres which might give you some clues about creating reflection maps right inside of After Effects, but an actual 3D program like C4D would probably give better results.


    Anyone feel free to correct me if i'm wrong

    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 8, 2012 12:28 AM   in reply to koahmad98

    Yes, it's Cinema4D (Mo)Dynamics as included in the MoGraph ands Studio versions. Read the C4D help files.



    Mark as:

More Like This

  • Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

  • 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points