• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Another user with problems

Participant ,
Apr 08, 2012 Apr 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same story as everyone else except I'm running Win 8 Consumer Preview 64bit. BUT Flash was working well up till a couple od days ago and now in Firefox the video window shows the content and play button but pressing play gives a black empty window.

I've read through the other threads and tried the various solutions. Deleted folders and so on. None work.

I am at the point where I am trying to install FlashPlayer 64 bit and it crashes with an error about side-by-side configuration. Assuming this is a conflict with another vers still installed I checked but none is installed. Control Panel doesn't show any player to uninstall either nor a flash cp. The 64 bit uninstall app gives same error too.

I note that the current Firefox flash player v11 says it is 32bit and whilst it does install it doesn't work.

I would imagine my system is now full of half-installed crap, my registry is full of rubbish and my system is totally screwed. Well done Adobe! And don't blame it on Win 8, my symptoms are exactly the same as countless other both on this forum and many others. Something has gone horribly wrong for Adobe here. I hope you can guide me to a working system again folks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Apr 08, 2012 Apr 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows

1. Download the current 64 bit uninstaller 
  2. Close all browser windows and run the uninstaller 
  3. Restart Windows 
  4. Delete all remaining files and folders located in the following directories. (tip: copy and paste these paths into the path bar in a Windows Explorer window) 
    • C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash 
    • C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash 
    • %appdata%\Adobe\Flash Player 
    • %appdata%\Macromedia\Flash Player
  5. Verify that the file “FlashPlayerCPLApp.cpl” in C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ has been deleted.
  6. Download the following installer file: 32 bit Flash Player Plug-in (All other browsers)
  7. Disconnect from the internet and run the installer file.
  8. If you are still having problems, disable hardware accleration: How do I disable or enable hardware acceleration?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 09, 2012 Apr 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

flash2.jpgflash.jpg

I followed the instructions to the letter. Fell at the last hurdle!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 09, 2012 Apr 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Could you try the answer outlined in this post to see if it resolves that error?

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-pictures/error-the-application-has-failed...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines