Skip navigation
Daisuke A
Currently Being Moderated

Adobe Reader for the BlackBerry PlayBook Showstopping Issue: App does not start

Apr 8, 2012 6:07 AM

Tags: #adobe_reader #acrobat_reader #playbook #adobe_acrobat #blackberry_playbook

Hello;

I would like to report an issue with the Adobe Reader app for the BlackBerry PlayBook which renders the application fully unusable. This issue occurs everytime. This issue has been tested and verified to occur in two distinct BlackBerry PlayBook devices.

Here is a screenshot stating what version (10.0.3.325) of the Adobe Reader app I have installed:

IMG_00000017.jpg

This, I understand, is the latest version for my platform. Unfortunately, the application does not start. Attempting to run it results in a blank screen after showing the BlackBerry logo. The blank screen can be seen in the following screenshot:

IMG_00000015.jpg

It is also strange that the application does not appear in the Application Permissions list, as seen in the following screenshot:

IMG_00000016.jpg

Is there a fix for this showstopping issue? What steps should I take?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 8, 2012 6:31 AM   in reply to Daisuke A

Try the forum 'Adobe Reader for Playbook'.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 9, 2012 6:54 AM   in reply to Daisuke A

Moving this discussion to the Adobe Reader for Playbook forum.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 29, 2012 12:22 PM   in reply to Daisuke A
    Same issue here.  Playbook support knows about it, and referred to Adobe.  The Adobe forum has this comment.  Looks like our Playbooks are abandoned as a platform.
    "Mar 4, 2012 7:20 PM

As the tablet market continues to evolve, we continue to evaluate how to best support the market and where to focus on our resources. Because of this,  Adobe has decided to end its support of the  RIM QNX Playbook devices in March 2012.  This means the ability to create new applications for submission to the RIM store will no longer be possible in Adobe Viewer Builder as well as the ability to rebuild existing targets for new releases of Digital Publishing Suite. Any existing QNX targets will be removed from the manage view inside Viewer Builder".

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points