Skip navigation
LTPZ
Currently Being Moderated

Can't open PDFs from Skydrive

Apr 8, 2012 9:13 AM

Tags: #error #pdf #acrobat_x #10.1.1 #adobe_reader #skydrive #cannot_open_pdf

I started using Windows Skydrive and really like the convenience but when I send myself a link to another email address to check a link before I send the link to a group of parents or students, if the document the link should open is a PDF then I get a message telling me that I need to download Adobe Reader add-in.

I have a new laptop which is running Windows 7 (64bit) and Office 2010 Professional Educational Suite (if it matters.

I have all the latest Adobe software installed, including Adobe Reader X... and have No Problems with reading PDFs otherwise.

When I check if my IE is set to 64bit or 32bit, it states that 64bit is not allowed to be set as the default, so the solution that someone else had in the forum must not be the same issue as mine.

Really need a professional solution here so I can be assured my students can also open their documents!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 8, 2012 8:26 PM   in reply to LTPZ

Not quite sure from your description what the problem is.

Note that Adobe Reader is a 32-bit application, as is the browser add-on.  It can therefore only run on 32-bit browsers.

When I try to open a PDF from a 64-bit browser, the document will open outside of the browser, in the standalone Adobe Reader.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points