Skip navigation
Tabularasa3
Currently Being Moderated

Can't Install Adobe AIR - Need Admin Permission.

Apr 9, 2012 9:32 AM

I can't install Adobe AIR on my Windows XP as it the error message says I need to contact the administrator.

RE:

"An error occurred while installing Adobe AIR. Installation may not be allowed by your administrator. Please contact your administrator."

I am the owner of my PC so the amin should be myself but do not know how to do this.

I tried the right-click on the Adobe icon on my desktop to access the admin log in, but I am unable to do this as it won't accept any passwords I entered.

I need to by-pass the admin or find a way to access my admin. I think I read somewhere that Adobe may have an apllication for this but could not find it.

Anyone have any idea how to get this application running on my PC?

Replies
  • Chris Campbell
    9,456 posts
    May 4, 2010
    Apr 9, 2012 11:29 AM   in reply to Tabularasa3

I'm sorry you're running into installation issues with AIR.  Microsoft has just released a new utility that can help resolve installation problems.  Would you mind giving this a try and let us know how it works for you?  When running the Fix it, go through the uninstall process and try to remove Adobe AIR from your system.  Once finished, download the latest version of AIR and install again.

Microsoft Install and Uninstall Fix It

If you still encounter problems, we'll need to review the AIR installer log to better diagnose the issue.  Please post back with the log contents.  You can find instructions for finding these logs here:

AIR Installer Log Instructions

|
    Mark as:
  • Chris Campbell
    9,456 posts
    May 4, 2010
    Apr 9, 2012 12:19 PM   in reply to Tabularasa3

Excellent, thanks for letting me know!

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 19, 2012 4:32 PM   in reply to Tabularasa3

Use microsoft fix it for windows 7.

It will work.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 6, 2013 4:54 PM   in reply to Chris Campbell

I did use Microsoft Fix-It but it did not help my issue. The log was deleted while I was going through it but I remember it said that it could not install Adobe AIR due to error code 3001

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 18, 2013 2:27 AM   in reply to Tabularasa3

Use account ADMINISTRATOR to install Adobe Air

I've enabled the account ADMINISTRATOR first via

net user administrator /active:yes

I was using administrator equivalent account first and could not install Adobe Air

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points