Skip navigation
Kellysingleton
Currently Being Moderated

Pages won't "put" after catastrophic computer failure

Apr 9, 2012 10:50 AM

First let me start by saying, I am self taught in DW (CS3) via Adobe Dreamweaver tutorial and am still learning this program.

My computer crashed in early February. After a month of trying to figure out how to get my website reloaded with the correct pw's to the remote site, I finally was able to bring my htdocs folder into DW (CS3). I made changes and previewed in all browsers. Everything looked fine. I used the "put" button as I always did before, and thought everything was fine. I went to my website the other day and noticed it was still in the same stage that it was in when the computer crashed originally and none of my changes apparently made it to the remote server or the web (whatever the correct terminology is). Again, when I preview, everything looks correct.

The pages won't load, but I have no problems getting individual pdf's to load. I have not tried individual images.

So I tried again and this time I saved the log (see below). I was wondering if anyone can view the log and decipher for me what is wrong?

Started: 4/9/2012 1:14 PM

index.html - Put operation successful
CFTtemp.css - same - not transferred
Imageshomepage\banner2.jpg - error occurred - An FTP error occurred - cannot put banner2.jpg.  Access denied.  The file may not exist, or there could be a permission problem.
Imageshomepage\line.jpg - error occurred - An FTP error occurred - cannot put line.jpg.  Access denied.  The file may not exist, or there could be a permission problem.
Imageshomepage\Welcomegrey.gif - error occurred - An FTP error occurred - cannot put Welcomegrey.gif.  Access denied.  The file may not exist, or there could be a permission problem.
Imageshomepage\fftlogo.gif - error occurred - An FTP error occurred - cannot put fftlogo.gif.  Access denied.  The file may not exist, or there could be a permission problem.
Imageshomepage\benefitbelong.gif - error occurred - An FTP error occurred - cannot put benefitbelong.gif.  Access denied.  The file may not exist, or there could be a permission problem.
Imageshomepage\budgeticon.jpg - error occurred - An FTP error occurred - cannot put budgeticon.jpg.  Access denied.  The file may not exist, or there could be a permission problem.
Imageshomepage\wearohbut.gif - error occurred - An FTP error occurred - cannot put wearohbut.gif.  Access denied.  The file may not exist, or there could be a permission problem.
Imageshomepage\issue2archivebutton.gif - error occurred - An FTP error occurred - cannot put issue2archivebutton.gif.  Access denied.  The file may not exist, or there could be a permission problem.
imageshomepage\Announce34.gif - same - not transferred
Imageshomepage\facebooklogosm.gif - error occurred - An FTP error occurred - cannot put facebooklogosm.gif.  Access denied.  The file may not exist, or there could be a permission problem.
Imageshomepage\bottombox.gif - error occurred - An FTP error occurred - cannot put bottombox.gif.  Access denied.  The file may not exist, or there could be a permission problem.

File activity incomplete. 10 file(s) or folder(s) were not completed.
Files updated: 1
Files skipped: 2

Files with errors: 10
Imageshomepage\banner2.jpg
Imageshomepage\line.jpg
Imageshomepage\Welcomegrey.gif
Imageshomepage\fftlogo.gif
Imageshomepage\benefitbelong.gif
Imageshomepage\budgeticon.jpg
Imageshomepage\wearohbut.gif
Imageshomepage\issue2archivebutton.gif
Imageshomepage\facebooklogosm.gif
Imageshomepage\bottombox.gif

Finished: 4/9/2012 1:14 PM

I was instructed to leave the section in "manage sites" entitled "what folder do you want to store your files in" = blank. Is this correct?

screenprint of manage sites.png

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you very much

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 9, 2012 11:01 AM   in reply to Kellysingleton

Hi

Kellysingleton wrote:

I was instructed to leave the section in "manage sites" entitled "what folder do you want to store your files in" = blank. Is this correct?

No, this is not correct, Dw needs to know the folder that it should upload the files to, with the settings as they are you are trying to upload the files to 'somewhere', (probably the site root) but these files will not be viewable by the public.

The folder can have a number of names, maybe Public_html/ or ht_docs/. You will have to look at your server file structure for the folder, (other forum users may suggest other locations) and insert that into the field for the folder to upload the files to.

PZ

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points