Skip navigation
mikeyedward
Currently Being Moderated

CS6 Beta questions: skin tones, camera calibration in Camera RAW

Apr 10, 2012 1:14 AM

Tags: #skin #camera_raw #acr #tones

While this is supposed to be a fully functional version, I am missing the Patch and Move content aware tools, the Skin Tones function does not work, there is no camera calibration except for Adobe Standard available under Camera RAW 7.0 and none of the links uder "Help" work.  When I try to look for updates I am assured that I have the latest version.  Does this sound right to you?  Am I just not looking in the right places for these features or are they indeed not available in Beta, in which case it is of course impossible to try them out.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 9, 2012 6:57 PM   in reply to mikeyedward

Hi Mikey-

There is only one version of the Photoshop CS6 beta, so if you are missing something, we can help you figure it out.

The patch and content aware move tool are hidden underneath the healing brush tools. If you click and hold on those, you will see the other tools below.  If this does not fix your issue, please see ideas below:

Can you clarify what system you are working on (Mac or PC) and what OS?

What video board and driver are you using?

Please copy and paste your system information from photoshop HELP>SYSTEM INFO into a reply on this thread.

In the meantime, take a look at this FAQ about what is not supported in XP, what video cards are supported, and how to troubleshoot GPU issues. It is very informative.

What features use the GPU and how do I troubleshoot GPU issues?

Thanks,

Pattie

|
    Mark as:
  • Noel Carboni
    23,524 posts
    Dec 23, 2006
    Apr 9, 2012 8:31 PM   in reply to mikeyedward

mikeyedward wrote:

none of the links uder "Help" work.

Pattie neglected to say that this one thing is the same for everyone - they just haven't got the help files done and online yet.

-Noel

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 9, 2012 9:11 PM   in reply to mikeyedward

Thanks Noel. Sorry to have skipped the answer on this. The help files are being worked on as we speak and were not intended to be complete for the beta release. Sorry there was not a proper message to indicate that they were not available. They will be available for the final release.

Thanks,

Pattie

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 10, 2012 1:12 AM   in reply to mikeyedward

OK Mikey, we're making progress here!  I'll take a look at the sytstem info and get the bridge folks involved to see if we can figure it out.

When you say the skin tones function does not work, what do you exactly mean? Are you using select color range, or another feature? Can you give me the steps you took, what you expected, and what happened?  Same for camera calibration.

Thanks-

Pattie

|
    Mark as:
  • Noel Carboni
    23,524 posts
    Dec 23, 2006
    Apr 10, 2012 3:55 AM   in reply to mikeyedward

I see two GPUs there and an out-of-date ATI display driver.

-Noel

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 10, 2012 10:55 PM   in reply to mikeyedward

Good Call Noel-

Mikey,

Please go to the manufacturer's website to ensure you get the most up to date  video driver first. Also, you can check if your computer has some sort of control panel for the 2 video boards like the software for nVidia boards do to select which video board to use in certain cases. My laptop has global presets and preferred graphics processor settings for programs like photoshop. I can designate the non-Intel one for photoshop.

Pattie

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 16, 2012 5:39 PM   in reply to mikeyedward

This is used to help select the skin tones on a person in a photo. The program knows the colors that usually appear for many different skin tones and tries to select them. Once you select them, you can refine your selection and use it as a mask or as a selection to make changes.  There are many videos on you tube regarding color range to get you familiar with the feature. Skin tone selection is just a update but the concept is the same.

Pattie

Skin-tone selection and face-detection

Choose Select > Color Range. Then, from the top pop-up menu in the Color Range dialog box, choose Skin Tones to easily isolate those tones. To reduce the resulting selection to faces in the image, select Detect Faces.

Or, start off by selecting only faces: Choose Sampled Colors from the top pop-up menu, and then select Localized Color Clusters and Detect Faces. This approach lets you use the eyedropper samplers to refine the selection.

Note: To create a selection that preserves skin tones while you adjust the color of everything else, select Invert below the eyedropper samplers.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points