• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Employer has accused me of stealing his codes, how can I prove my innocence?

New Here ,
Apr 10, 2012 Apr 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been suspended from my workplace today after my employer accused me of using his Adobe software codes outside of work without authority. It began last week with him not being able to activate a new computer in work and having some sort of issue where Adobe have threatened him with a software audit.

I have never used these codes outside of work and need to prove so. Is there any way of proving that I have not used these codes for personal use? Tracing IP address's that have been activated etc.

I am one of very few people in the company with access to these and need a way of proving I have not done this any help would be more than welcome!

Thanks in advance,

Grant

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe "Jeff Wright" can try and help you on this , He is an Adobe employee who actively participate in forums.

As per my knowdelge , Adobe never have threatened anyone, if you cannot activate on a new computer then there could be no.of reason for that , The person who has bought the software can contact Adobe and can get the activation count resetted not a big deal.

This happens lot of time becuase people are not able to deactivate the software, from the help menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply, I did obviously scour the Adobe website but found nowhere to go, here seemed like my best bet. The issue began with it not being able to active on the new computer due to it being installed on too many others, so he did contact adobe when that happened and they did reset the activation count.

But I can only assume now that Adobe have said that the software has been installed and activated on to many machines and now because I have access to the codes have been accused of stealing them or selling them!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think your boss is over-reacting to the situation, with the single license you get two activation , maens you can install on two machine . however the situation changes when you have to install on third machine but you cannot deactivate the software from the old machine(on which the software is already installed)

Not sure , what happened at your end...however if the activation has been resetted and your boss is good to go then I dont think there should be any problem.

But lets see what Jeff has to say in regard to this, may be he can provide the solid written documentation that can help you , to prove your point

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Villa Grantos I am sorry there is not much which I can do in this forum setting.  Your employer/software license holder is certainly welcome to contact our support team and they can provide a count of the unique machines the software has been activated on.  Or in other words the number of times the software has been activated on other computers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the replies guys.

Is it possible that Adobe can pinpoint where (an IP Address for example) the software was activated?

If you have any advice that may not be forum based please feel free to message me or email me on grantwesgate@googlemail.co.uk if the forum allows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You have to contact Adobe for this...no idea...honestly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, Adobe surely knows, but long before this is an Adobe problem, this is a legal problem. Without a formal request from a qualified source I doubt they will give away anything. So unless you already have taken legal action against your employer, I don't think there is much they can do. Here in Germany we have special courts that deal with legalities of work & labour and that's where I'd turn to. If that's not possible where you live, as a minor you should consider filing a cease & desist to stop your employer from spreading false claims and damaging your case even further, especially by slandering your reputation inside the company or the area where you live. This would also indemnify against otehr accusations that may turn up in the course of investigating this issue...

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What Mylenium is saying makes point , I dont think you are the only one in your company who has the access to these codes , if other people do have the access then why you are only one getting targetted but if you are the only one who has the responsilbilty then first get enough info that can prove your legitamacy and can prove that your employer has done wrong. without knowing the fact and truth , it will be too aggeresive approach.

If I would have been your place , I would have seeked help from Adobe (highest level possible) first and then would have taken the appropriate action .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines