Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Restoring bevel edge effect in Adobe Elements 10

Apr 10, 2012 8:06 AM

Hey folks...sorry to start a new thread. I tried the fix offered in the other threads but I can't find the file.

I've accidentally deleted the bevel edge effect in Adobe Elements 10 (I'm running a MacBook Pro). I tried to find the mediaDatabase.db3 but couldn't find it. I searched through hard drive -> Library->application support but there's no folder for adobe.

Any thoughts?

Does the fact I purchased and installed this from the app store make a difference?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 10, 2012 8:12 AM   in reply to JL2810

Yes, the fact that you bought it from the app store makes a difference. I can tell you what should work, but in the app store version it's iffish. If it doesn't you can delete PSE (app store version, just send entire folder to trash), go to App Store>Purchased and download again. You won't have to pay again.

Go to Applications and right click Adobe Photoshop Elements 10 Editor>Show Package Contents>Contents>Application Data>Photoshop Elements>10.0>Locale>en_US (or your location). The app store version is different because apple requires that everything for the app store programs be contained within the package itself. I'd be interested to know if deleting mediaDatabase.db3 works for you. It doesn't in PSE 9, but it should in PSE 10, but results have been variable.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 10, 2012 1:17 PM   in reply to JL2810

Ah, try this then. Go to your username>library>preferences and delete com.adobe.pse9editor.plist. That library is hidden in lion. To see it, in the Finder, click the Go menu and hold down the option key. It will appear below the little house for your user account. Also, while you're in that library if you use lion, go to Saved Application States and delete anything for PSE.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 20, 2012 8:59 PM   in reply to JL2810

I stupidly made the same mistake with the exact same setup. However, I smartly found how to reset presets without re-downloading.

With the Finder menu bar open, click 'Go' and hold the 'Option' key to show your user's Library folder and click -> Application Support -> Adobe -> Adobe Photoshop Elements 10 Editor -> Trash 'Presets' folder.

When I relaunched Elements 10 (although it took a bit to launch), the bevel preset I deleted was back and all my presets were restored to factory defaults.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points