Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Lightroom LR4 - very slow Keyword set updating

Apr 10, 2012 12:55 PM

Tags: #lightroom #slow #- #keyword #set #updating #very #lr4

Lightroom LR4 - very slow Keyword set updating   1] keyword an image with some keywords from a keyword set. Those keywiords are highlighted in keyword set  2] select next image  3] wait about 4 to 5 seconds for highlighted keywords to be non highlighted. ARRGHHH  the problem with this, is that yo ucannot use the keyword set to apply these keywords to the newly selected image until they are not highlighted any more.  yet another area where lightroom is Slooooooooooow!!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 10, 2012 3:54 PM   in reply to John Spacey

I suspect that it will continue to be slow until you provide more information for Adobe engineers to go on. For example, OS, hardware, was catalog upgraded from Lr3, how many photos in catalog, how many keywords, etc etc.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 14, 2013 6:52 AM   in reply to John Spacey

Hi John, Did you solve the problem of slow update times associated with entering a keyword tag? I too am having this problem. During my most recent keyword entry it took 45 sec to add "Arizona, Hacienda Del Desierto, Lucy's Warbler, Spring " into the "Keyword Tags" box. During this time the box indicates "working...". The time to update has been getting progressively longer.

I have LR4 4.4 and I'm running on a 3.1 GHz IMac OS X 10.8.4, 16 GB RAM.

Regards

Ian

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 14, 2013 7:12 PM   in reply to ICCL62

To add additional info:

- not upgraded from lr3

- approximately 7500 photos in catalog

- approximately 250 keywords

- approximately 50 smart collections with approximately 1000 photos

Regards

Ian

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 15, 2013 5:24 AM   in reply to ICCL62

Stopped and restarted LR4 and the problem went away. Phew I thought I was going to have to find a different app.

FWIW, I typically never stop or shutdown my computer. It was probably up and running for weeks.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points