Skip navigation
riccardo@buffalo.com
Currently Being Moderated

No Pentax camera in Tethered camera support

Apr 10, 2012 1:17 PM

Tags: #pentax #k5 #pentax_k5 #pentax_camera #no_pentax_camera_in_tethered_camera_support

Why there are no Pentax Camera ( i.e K20 K5 ...) in the  Tethered camera support.? Have we a Hope?

many thanks!!

Riccardo and all PentaxForum

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 10, 2012 3:49 PM   in reply to riccardo@buffalo.com

Adobe makes use of the camera vendors sdk for tethered conection. Therefore, they depend on Pentax. The only cameras currently supported are lsited at http://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom/kb/tethered-camera-support-lightroom- 4.html and as you can see - no Pentax.

FWIW, I don't see tethering coming any time soon, that is, unless Pentax make it happen.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 12, 2012 8:07 AM   in reply to riccardo@buffalo.com

There is a third party application that is free called PK Tether. It supports most of the current DSLR models from Pentax.

http://www.pktether.com/

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 19, 2012 10:18 AM   in reply to Ian Lyons

True on the not any time soon, but we can all drive this by sending the Pentax folks email about it so they know we all are interested. I have some very solid connections with the company, and will post any email addresses I can soon. Am checking with a contact in US support now.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 31, 2013 4:31 PM   in reply to GrannisP

Can i jump on your bandwagon? I'm fairly new to photography and have spent a small fortune on Pentax, now I find that one of the most useful aspects of photogrphy, Thethering, is not available for Pentax in any of the major Mac/Adobe software apps. If I had known this I would have gone for Canon or Nikon. Pentax need to re-think their game plan if they want to be competitive in the future market,

PK Tether does not work on a Mac via Parallels/Windows. I've tried it.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points